• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Ok, I don't know a lot about Glocks, so I thought INGO could answer a couple easy questions. A friend that knows very little about firearms wanted me to look at his new Glock 27 because he had some concerns. First he thought maybe it was broke when it was dry fired and the trigger just stays back. I thought it was odd, but after playing with it I decided it was normal. He paid $600 for it, I believe new, and he has 6 mags, some 9 rd, some 13, and a Sig .357 barrel which sticks out a half inch or so past the slide. I told him that was not a problem either. I also believe it to be a Gen 3. I told him Glocks were excellent pistols, just not what I prefer. I thought with everything he got, he did ok price wise. He had no ammo but plans to come back to my house next Saturday to shoot. Did I give him any wrong information? He and his wife liked shooting my CM9 and my P238. We plan on burning up a lot more ammo next time out. Thanks for the input.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Just dry fired my properly functioning EDC G27. Indeed trigger return does NOT happen. Nothing he mentioned raised any red flags with me. As to the extended barrels, if I stick my aftermarket G23 conversion barrel into my G27 it works, but sticks out. Sounds like what he is seeing.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    The trigger won't reset until the slide is cycled. When fired, this happens automatically as the recoil forces it aft and the recoil spring pushes it back into battery. When you're dry firing it, you'll have to manually cycle the slide.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    What MK2 said, after you dry fire the G-27 you must pull back on the side to reset the trigger, you do not have to bring it all the way to the rear, just back far enough to reset the trigger bar. Everything is normal with his Baby Glock.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Thanks to all! I dry fired it several times, so the only thing to do now, is put some rounds through it. Range report next weekend. :yesway::)

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 8, 2013
    Fortville
    Yes, good deal and all functionality is normal. What jontheturboguy said, if you up north near fishers, i would be more than happy to go over the functions of the glock, certified armorer.

Top Bottom