• ...and so much more!
  • SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I was looking at the link for a Glock charging handle and checked out another website on the link. It shows an attachment that allows you to attach an AR shoulder stock to a Glock. Wouldn't that turn the weapon into an SBR and require a tax stamp?

ENDO Tactical - Products - | Tactical Stock Adapter Glock Edition (TSA-G)

Edit: I just noticed in the fine print at the bottom of the page it says that it must be registered under form 1.

Last edited:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Love this line from the FAQ:

• Is there any way I can avoid the ATF Short Barreled Rifle (SBR) law
    • Yes. If you have a 16" (or longer) barrel for your Glock.
    :D

EDIT: So, I got to thinking.. I am not well versed on NFA items, however, but if you had a Glock with a 4.5 inch barrel, and found an11.5 can, and welded it to the barrel, then, it would no longer be an SBR, right? Impractical, but technically legal?

Last edited:

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country

EDIT: So, I got to thinking.. I am not well versed on NFA items, however, but if you had a Glock with a 4.5 inch barrel, and found an11.5 can, and welded it to the barrel, then, it would no longer be an SBR, right? Impractical, but technically legal?

Nope would be a rifle, and I believe it would be a one way train. Once you go rifle, I believe you have to stay with it being a rifle.

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX

Technically speaking I think that would be legal, but im not sure it could cycle with that large/heavy of a can...

You need to try it so we can see it!

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Nope would be a rifle, and I believe it would be a one way train. Once you go rifle, I believe you have to stay with it being a rifle.

Yeah, I bet you are right. I dont think you could get away with swapping back n forth, if you got caught that is...

Technically speaking I think that would be legal, but im not sure it could cycle with that large/heavy of a can...

You need to try it so we can see it!

I will get right on it, care to float me a loan? :D

BTW, I STILL can't wrap my head around "Redneck Vegan" :scratch:

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    I actually think you can switch between a rifle and a pistol. Someone, I believe it was Baretta made a pistol/rifle kit, but you have to remove the stock before removing the barrel to make it legal to go back and forth.

Again, not 100% sure, but probably like 80%

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Where would one get the engraving done on a glock sbr anyways?

It can be engraved on the plastic. I believe only the serial # has to be engraved on metal.

ATF just recently released a ruling stating that if the firearm started out as a pistol, you could temporarily convert it to a rifle and switch it back and forth.

You COULD permanently attach a fake can to bring it to legal length, but you could never strip the pistol then because the barrel wouldn't come out and you'd never get it to cycle. You'd need a fake can with a booster in it. =)

Top Bottom