• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bluehdflhrs

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I had Glocks and they did not fit my hands or feel right to me so I quit carrying them .I sold all the Glocks and went to Sigs.I also carry Kahrs .I consider Kahrs as the high end Glocks. I would never go back to Glocks.Sigs are or very close to the best gun made right out of the box.New or old I have not found a Sig I did't like.The Indiana State Police sent back the Glocks and went with Sigs as did many Goverment agencies and departments.Speacial Ops and Navy Seals use Sigs.Glock are a good gun but I will go with Sig any day.

Last edited:

bluehdflhrs

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    ISP and Allen County Police two of the big ones in Indiana.Glocks are cheaper by far.Cost is a big incentive to local goverment as I said Glocks are good just not the best.

Last edited:

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I'll pile onto this necro-fest...

I would have agreed with the OP back in 2009 when the thread was started. But after owning about 3 or 4 Glocks for me the Sig P320 wins hands down. Here's why (all personal opinion of me only):

Grip fits better
    Points better
    Comes with night sights
    Ambi slide release lever
    Easier to reverse mag release button
    Safer to field strip (no trigger press required and mag must be out and slide back to disassemble)
    Smoother, shorter trigger with better reset
    Smooth trigger face with no goofy tab
    Fully modular (grip size, slide length, caliber)
    Polymer lower is a throwaway part, not serialized
    Much easier to clean (guts come out)
    100% reliable for over 800 rounds now (mixed ammo types from FMJ ball to premium SD)
    Slide finish more durable than Glock's latest
    I shoot it as well as any Glock I've owned

YMMV, of course and I shoot left-handed.

Last edited:

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    I read a lot of pages on this post about Glocks being the best. The best is what works for you. Before I ever owned a Glock I Had revolvers and a Browning High Power. I liked the Browning High Power the best for self defense. It is accurate, holds 13 rounds and is easy to carry and shoot well.

Now about five years ago I got my hands on a Glock 21. It was a hoot to shoot. Very accurate and a pleasure to shoot. Now I have a Glock 30 and a 36. The 36 gets more use than any other hand gun I have. Is it the best? I don't really think so. The Browning is better put together. So is my 1911. Yes the Glock works, it is the fastest to get into action with no safeties to trip. It carries the most rounds for caliber. The Glock is the work horse. The Browning is a work of art as is the 1911.

A hundred years from now people will look at the Browning and 1911 and admire the gun craft. They will look at the Glock and say that looks just like the one I have. Plastic frame and steel slide. They have no soul they are just tools.

Don't get me wrong I like my Glocks. The Browning and 1911 are part of the history of the gun craft. Glocks will always be tools.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Speacial Ops and Navy Seals use Sigs.Glock are a good gun but I will go with Sig any day.

They also use a hell of a lot of Glocks. at least the ones I saw the 3 years I worked overseas but that isn't why I use them. I sold all my Glocks and used HK45's. I've sold those and used 1911's etc etc. I'm back to Glocks because they fit MY needs better than the others. If they fit the supersecretoperatorninja, great but I use what works for me. The sigs etc are great but they don't fit my needs.

Bob

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    They also use a hell of a lot of Glocks. at least the ones I saw the 3 years I worked overseas but that isn't why I use them. I sold all my Glocks and used HK45's. I've sold those and used 1911's etc etc. I'm back to Glocks because they fit MY needs better than the others. If they fit the supersecretoperatorninja, great but I use what works for me. The sigs etc are great but they don't fit my needs.

Bob

That's cause you have small baby hands

:)

Luv ya Bob

dyerwatcher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 7, 2009
    Colorado
    I'm a 1911 guy. I carry a Dan Wesson everyday. My SHTF handgun is my Sig P226. I have fired several Glocks -no bashing but certainly nothing special.

minx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    SW Indiana
    It's Achilles heel is that one must pull the trigger to clear it so it can be disassembled.

This is just crap, who cares. Clearing a gun prior to cleaning is not rocket science. Clear, check, inspect. Mr. Pimp, im not picking on you personally. It is this argument. Hate glocks for the grip, the looks, the plastic... but not the take-down. To me, just crazy.

prescut

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    United States
    Put your boots on, because the **** is deep.

Yes, but nothing is more fun than watching people reveal who they are when this topic starts. The ability of so many people to fool themselves is astounding. Both sides of this discussion sound like they're in church arguing for their favorite religion.

Lost

Top Bottom