• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    Small fact i forgot about that test.....the guide rod did not melt until somewhere between 700 and 800 rounds, it shot out the end of the slide...and they finished the test without it....greatness!

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Never seen it and thanks for sharing. The instructor for the Glock Armorer Class I attended said that his Sheriff Dept. in Florida dropped one out of a helicopter. Pretty cool and a testament to Glock's durability. I sure would not want to treat my beloved Glocks that disrespectful. :)

It's a Glock it's a tool, a tool you can trust your life to at that, and it is designed to work and take a beating, you want something to be pretty and lubed, got get a 1911:ar15:; the beauty and respect with the Glock is that it can go through tests like this and keep on shooting like it's nothing.

When Glocks first came on the market, the sales reps would tie the Glock in condition 3 to the bumper of the car, drive to the range from the hotel, bring everyone out, untie it, walk to the firing line rack the slide and fire away. Wear on a hammer, calluses on the hands of a laborer, mud on the side of a Jeep, the wear on a favorite baseball glove; the beauty isn't in the pristine quality of the new item, but in it's ability and durability.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate 1911s for their war record, and some beautiful hand made safe queen type guns, but for other elements of their craftsmanship; and I think in order to really respect the Glock you've got to be willing to acknowledge and to some level push the limits of it's capabilities.

68_F100

Expert
    Rating - 93.9%
    31   2   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    North Salem
    A true torture test for a glock would be to remain almost unchanged in design for over 100 years. I can't think of any gun that could pull that off. Oh wait there was this one gun made back in 1911. Wish I could remember the name.

EOD

Top Bottom