• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Airtevron1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 10, 2019
    IN
    My P80 needs a much lighter trigger. There a lot of choices, spring kits, parts etc. What gives the most bang for the buck?

Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    Start with a polish job and a spring kit, that'll cost under twenty bucks. If you need more you can generally get a drop in trigger for a hundred-150 bucks. Sometimes they pop up for sale used if that doesn't bother you. 3.5 lb is a popular spring weight but may be too light for carry use, everyone's got different ideas on that.

saintnick81

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Bedford
    I love my overwatch precision. Not sure on the weight but it takes up all the pretravel and has a really nice crisp break while still being 100% drop safe.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Best bang is a Ghost connector. I persoally avoid changing springs because I've found aftermarket springs can cause reliability issues. Feel free to PM me if you have questions.

The owner at Parabellum talked with me about offering a free Glock seminar in the next month or so to talk Glock basics and answer questions like this. I'll post it up when we can get a time scheduled. We're all still in shock about losing Coach but hope to get something going soon.
    Anyone in the Indy area can PM me and I'll keep you in the loop about the seminar. It will probably be limited to 10-12 people.

Last edited:

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    If you go with a drop in, look at Agency, Overwatch Precision and Apex.

But the advice for a ghost connector and a polish job with make a big difference too.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Johnny Glock is really loving the new Timney Alpha Glock Trigger. $150...

Myself, on my Gen 5's, I went with the Ghost EVO Elite connector and a fluff and buff on the rest. Factory springs, other than a lighter safety plunger spring.

Last edited:

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    My setup is a RYG connector ( - connector), 6# trigger spring and full polish. Thats it.
    How light are you wanting to go, and what is it used for?

Last edited:

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Look up "Glock 25 cent trigger job". Many articles and videos on the concept. This and a connector as has been mentioned made a world of difference on my Glocks. Just make sure you polish and don't remove material and you'll be fine.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    FYI - addition of the 3.5# connector and polishing the internals typically nets an actual trigger pull of 4#-4.5#.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Going up to a 6# trigger spring helps lighten the pull also. It has caused reset issues in some people's pistol, mine have been just fine. It's very easy to go back to the 5# if you have an issue.
    I haven't changed striker springs, just because I like what I have and it runs reliably.

Airtevron1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 10, 2019
    IN
    Well, ordered a Overwatch Precision Poly DAT trigger and a Ghost Avenger connector and spring kit. Fingers crossed

Top Bottom