• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FireBirdDS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    Finally drank the koolaid and bought my first Glock (19 Gen 4). The hooded figure behind the counter promised me it was the only way to save Padme. Anyway, now that I've given myself over to the dark side, I'm asking for any recommendations to refine the trigger just a bit. I don’t wanna lighten it much, would like to keep it around 5-5 ½ lbs. I’m looking for mainly drop-in components, though if anyone has any suggestions regarding polishing up certain existing components (that won’t involve any sort of abrasive action) I’m open to that too. In all, this is my desire:

• 5 to 5 ½ lb trigger pull
    • Smoother uptake
    • More predictable break
    • Smoother trigger face with not as much of a pronounced “point” in the middle

I’ve been hearing and reading recommendations all over for the 3.5lb Ghost Connector, but a 3.5lb trigger seems too light for me (unless the weight is actually a bit more). Also I have been looking at complete drop-in kits such as the Travis Haley Skimmer. I would prefer to not spend too much past $100, $150 at the very upper limit. (this might be often discussed on the forum, but would like to hear some fresh discussion nonetheless)

:koolaid:

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    In my experience, if you've got a Glock tool or a punch to take all of the internals components out and a lot of time, polishing up all of the internal surfaces helps a lot.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Give the 3.5# connector a shot. Those are generally about $10 and might give you just what you are looking for with some polishing done too. I run them on all of my Glocks and they are nowhere near 3.5# and feel more like 4.5-5#. There are plenty of YouTube videos on polishing up a Glock trigger. It will never be a 1911 trigger, but it can be made to feel pretty darn good. Have you shot it yet? If not, hold off on the mods until you have a chance to shoot it some. A Glock trigger feels very different under live fire. I hated Glock triggers and would not buy a Glock for a long time based on dry fire alone. After shooting them a bunch, I've come to like the thing for what it is. It feels very different than the 'twannngggg' you get with dry fire.

I'll always be a 1911 guy, but I'll also always love the brutal simplicity that is a Glock and will always have Glocks in the carry routine.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I like the New York 1 with a 3.5 connector in my 19. Great feel with a very positive trigger return. For my competition Glock I went with the ZEV Technology Fulcrum Trigger kit, with almost zero take-up and overtravel it feels much like my 1911 triggers.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    Although it is not exactly "drop in"
    I had a Ghost Rocket connector and it was a significant improvement.
    It has to be fitted, and you will have to disassemble your pistol a few times to get is perfect, but, for me, it was worth it.

Also (as has been stated) give your internals the 25 cent trigger job.
    The $0.25 Glock trigger job
    jThere are aslo a lot of youTube vids that show how to do the internal polish

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    the 3.5# connector is only part of that you need to get to 3.5#'s you also need a 3.5#spring kit

ZEV Competition Spring Kit

and a lightweight safety plunger

ZEV FPS, Titanium, Small

with both of those, plus the glock .25 cent trigger job, you will get to 3.5#'s

I used the connector, the spring kit, I polished up my trigger bar(glock 25cent job)and my factory safety plunger, plus I ordered a sat of titanium pins and polished them to a mirror shine, and my glock is about 3.5#'s (and a safe queen!)

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    Another Ghost Rocket connector and spring kit user here. I have it in both my G19 & G21 and am very satisfied with the take up and reset. Night and day from the factory trigger they once had. Of course I also polished all the trigger contact points which greatly improved it.

MikeHoncho27

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2015
    Carmel
    I have the skimmer with a ghost Evo Elite connector in my gen 3 17 and 19. Probably the smoothest shooting, best feeling setup I have found in shooting glocks since 1991.

Easy install with the skimmer(60 secs), grinding down the connector until it fits takes about 10 min. I have out numerous setups like this in friends guns and all have loved them

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I recommend the Ranger 4.5lb connector w/ over-travel screw tapped into your housing in conjunction with a full polish.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    NHT3.....paging NHT3.....
    Not a problem to do what you want but I would suggest looking at a couple of options before making a decision.. So called "drop in" kits seldom yield really outstanding results, in fact I've never seen one that did. I would be happy to compare what I do, side by side with any of the so called professional setups. (Skimmer, Vanek etc.) Not that they aren't good but I think, a little pricey for what you are getting.. Anyone that wants to stop by Parabellum when I'm there to dry fire one of mine is welcome to. Just PM me and I'll let you know what my schedule is for that week.
    [FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT]
    Glock certified armorer- M&P Certified armorer
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT]

Top Bottom