• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JoshSmith

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Ok here we go. Got a glock 22 gen 3 used last night and the trigger reset seems pretty stiff. When the trigger resets it resets just fine but it doesnt reset far enough to set the trigger safety, i have to manually push the trigger forward to set the trigger safety. When i do that it just seems really stiff and hard to do. I disassembled the whole thing and cleaned amd polished different parts according to a you tube video. Well when reassembling it the trigger connector didnt sit flush....is that suppose to sit flush when pressed back in, it seems like with it not sitting flush it might be applying too much pressure to the trigger bar and causing it to not fully reset. Any ideas on if im right or what the issue might be.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Sounds bubba'd. Need to see pictures, and probably take it to an armorer. I was just in the Fort, if I could look at it I'd probably help fix it. I'd probably check to make sure that the trigger springs went on as an "S" and not backwards for starters.

JoshSmith

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Ok after multiple times of disassembling and reassembling ive come to the conclusion i think it is a worn out spring. The spring did look a little fudged up upon closer inspection and turns out i was putting it back together the way i took it apart (WAY WRONG) the curve of the sping sits in a groove on the bar, who woulda thought lol....put back the right qay and now it resets fully....most of the time. im thinking now is just a worn spring and needs replaced. A new spring is like 2 or 3 bucks at a local shop so hey why not!?!?!?! Haha. Well ill see if its in stock for sure tmrw get it and replace it and let ya guys know what happens

HamYankee

Expert
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Jan 24, 2014
    Hendricks County
    Glad it's working better, but I'd probably take it to an armorer, especially since it's a new gun for you. Well, that's what I'd do, if you don't think it's Glock reliable.

JoshSmith

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    I'm pretty confident in it still, I mean the trigger resets just fine just the safety still doesn't reset all the time but it sets more often than not now.....that's why I'm thinking it is the spring

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Hit up NHT3 on here. He is a licensed glock armorer and may look at it for free. He also does one of the best trigger jobs around......

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I had this recently and it was the trigger spring not vertical in the groove on the trigger bar. it had slipped sideways when I installed it and was binding. something to check...

couldnt get the link to the image to show, so click here to see what it should look like. you can look from the top/front when installed to make sure it's hooked on the trigger bar right.

DSC01981_zpsf12b346e.jpg Photo by ButchG17 | Photobucket

-rvb

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I've seen it more than a few times. My guess, without looking at it, would be that someone has changed the trigger spring for a heavier one.. Keep in mind that a heavier trigger spring will lighten the trigger but at least 50% of the time will cause the problem you have. When you get one of the aftermarket kits they send a 4# FPS and a heavier trigger spring. Both tend to lighten the trigger pull but WILL cause reliability problems. If the trigger spring and the FPS aren't a grey color it's more than likely been changed. IMHO you should never change either of them for aftermarket items.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT]
    Ruger MK III, M&P & 1911mechanic
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] –[/FONT]Certified Glock armorer

hrearden

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Tell you what, I have heard that changing springs on a Glock causes reliability issues and I have experienced them when trying to get one back together with aftermarket parts. If there is one thing I have experienced, (and have had employees at Glock confirm), its that not all Glocks are equal. Its actually wise to have different combos of springs and connectors when working on Glock triggers. Polishing wont really do you any good. In fact, the parts are plated with Nickel and you wanna make sure you dont polish through it.

Top Bottom