• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    what is the best way to make sure i have a stable trigger pull and a little lighter than factory? - owner of glock 23

Do you really just want it to be lighter, or do you just want a better feeling trigger? If you only want it to be lighter then you can install the 3 1/2 pound disconnect designed for competition. I would not do this if you intend the gun to be used for defense.

What I do with mine is install the 3 1/2# disconnect and use the 8# OD spring. The combination gives a nice crisp trigger pull that is about the same weight as the standard 5# pull. Most of the slop and sponginess is gone and the trigger is still reliable. I use all factory Glock parts when I do this, no aftermarket.

hotcorner5

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I installed the 3.5 pound disconnect myself and it was really easy. I think you can find some youtube videos to help you along.

Additionally, on a different my beretta nano, I used my dremel tool with the buffing attachment and compound to take about a pound off my factory trigger pull. This technique was first used for the glock but guys were applying it to the nano. You take the trigger assembly apart and buff the components to reduce friction between the metal parts. My nano was factory everything, and I was able to reduce the trigger pull by 1 pound. I also felt like the pull was smoother.

I haven't done this on my glock because I am satisfied with the trigger on that.

USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Best thing i've found for a carry trigger in a glock is a ghost connector of your flavor and a good job with polishing and stoning the moving parts.

Wont yeild ultra light triggers but it also wont destroy reliability which is most important.

Hexa-Tula

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2010
    Bluffton
    I agree with AngryRooster. If your looking for simply a lighter pull, then find a 3 1/2# connector. However, combining the 3 1/2 with the NY1 Olive trigger spring will give you a very clean pull/break. I believe it's just a tad heavier than the standard 5 1/2#, but it removes slop and gives you a shorter reset.

Shootsforfun

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I have used this method also with great results, It really depends on your abilities and preference. I prefer the ghost trigger and a very good internal polish job....
    just my 3 cents.

I agree with AngryRooster. If your looking for simply a lighter pull, then find a 3 1/2# connector. However, combining the 3 1/2 with the NY1 Olive trigger spring will give you a very clean pull/break. I believe it's just a tad heavier than the standard 5 1/2#, but it removes slop and gives you a shorter reset.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    The thing about the Ghost connector and other aftermarket parts is they can't be used in the gun if you ever decide you want to try out GSSF. With the factory parts you can. Nothing like getting adjusted to the way a gun shoots then having to gut it and change everything right before competition. It may not apply to everyone, just something to think about.

shortbusbob

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    east
    Go talk to my buddy Matt at USDS . When I got my Glock pimped out , They had several in stock for me to play with . That way you can experience in real time what you are trying to do with your gun .Discuss options and cost . Bunch of good guys . You can let them fix it or buy the parts and give it a go yourself . Good luck .

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County

This^^^^^^

I do the exact same thing with factory parts. The trigger is ever so slightly heavier than the factory setup. Probably 1lb at the most. But I shoot it much, much better myself due to the more consistent trigger pull and lack of stacking.

Kildux

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Indiana
    (Gen3 G19).25 cent trigger job and what you did above.I had the 3.5 ghost with stock trigger spring and trigger seemed too light for CC so I went with the NY1 spring and it works great,feels like stock pull but real crisp and strong reset super smooth.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    another question. what about skelitonised striker and whats it used for and goes with, good idea?
    Striker you are referring to is to speed up lock time, in theory. Most shooters aren't that perceptive to notice the difference. It will also allow you to keep the pistol reasonably reliable while using a 4# striker spring. I have a range gun that is set up that way but I would never change the striker spring in a carry pistol.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]-- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]Ruger MK III, M&P & 1911mechanic [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] –[/FONT] Certified Glock armorer

mark f

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2013
    hebron
    I installed the 3 1/2 pound trigger disconnect. It really only went down too 4 pounds. As far as self defense no big deal single action triggers are about the same.

Top Bottom