• ...and so much more!
  • Glock22

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Bedford
    I've been looking to compete in USPSA this spring so I bought a gen 4 34. I've been looking at different trigger kits on Glock triggers.com like "The Edge" kit or the "Vogel ". Are these kits worth the upgrade?

Snizz1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    Probably not. I assume since you bought a 34, you'll shoot production. I can't say I've ever looked at the triggers you listed, but if you do go that route make sure its production division legal. When I shot a glock I messed with the trigger and had some light strikes so I ended up just running it stock. Id save the money and just buy some extra practice ammo.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    It's a Glock, so it's various levels of turd polishing...
    I put a Taran kit in both my 34 (production division) and 35 (limited division).

On the clock, you won't notice a huge difference. it's good to drop a couple pounds of pull weight just for those occasional long/tight shots, but most of the time it doesn't much matter...

vogel kit is probably good to go, because bob vogel. I know it's nothing extreme, but never tried one.

imo.

-rvb

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    $160 for polished OEM parts that someone stuck a set screw into (yes, that's all they are) is silly. They're not any better than a Ghost rocket connector or an OEM minus connector with a re-profiled trigger bar.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    that's why I ended up going w/ the taran kit. $45. I think I got them on a "black Friday" sales for something like $40 shipped. new springs and a slightly different geometry + polished connector. nothing fancy. been reliable w/ win and fed primers. good enough.

honestly, not a HUGE improvement over a light striker spring from wolff, a - connector, and smoothing from dryfire...

-rvb

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    that's why I ended up going w/ the taran kit. $45. I think I got them on a "black Friday" sales for something like $40 shipped. new springs and a slightly different geometry + polished connector. nothing fancy. been reliable w/ win and fed primers. good enough.

honestly, not a HUGE improvement over a light striker spring from wolff, a - connector, and smoothing from dryfire...

-rvb
    Or just buy this for half the price;
    Zev Technologies Starter Spring Kit for Glock w Race Connector V4 Glockworx | eBay

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    All I ever did with my Glocks is install a Factory 3 1/2 lb bar / trigger or whatever Glock calls it.. And like others have said here, its a Glock..

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I've found, at least for me, eliminating the overtravel is most beneficial to my follow through and that helps my accuracy.. I've installed or handled about every aftermarket "drop in" and they are all over priced for what you get. The trigger housing with the set screw works pretty well but I have seen that cause a problem with trigger reset just as the heavier trigger spring will in some guns. What ever mods you make have someone that understands what is going on the the trigger group take a look at it if it's used for self defense. Anytime you change any of the factory springs you can create reliability issues.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]Glock certified armorer- M&P Certified armorer[FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT]

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    What is the opinion here of using the stock 5+ Glock trigger for USPSA? I haven't really noticed a problem with mine the little that I have shot it, but I've never shot the 3.5 trigger on a Glock either (which I understand is really just 4.5).

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    What is the opinion here of using the stock 5+ Glock trigger for USPSA? I haven't really noticed a problem with mine the little that I have shot it, but I've never shot the 3.5 trigger on a Glock either (which I understand is really just 4.5).

No reason to run the stock trigger weight. IMO

The lighter connectors out there including the factory minus will typically result in better accuracy in my experience.

Top Bottom