• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Nathan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Wabash, Indiana
    i love the feel of the XD 40. held the glock 23 and didn't like the individual finger grips. it's like they're telling you where to put your fingers. ain't nobody gonna tell me where to grip.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    I was in when we went from the 1911 to the Beretta.... and besides, they carried what they were issued.

If you choose a firearm because it has a grip safety... HTFU.

I chose the XD in spite of the grip safety. Of course I chose a lot of guns over Glocks for many reasons, and most of them don't have grip safeties.

i love the feel of the XD 40. held the glock 23 and didn't like the individual finger grips. it's like they're telling you where to put your fingers.
    Me too.
    ain't nobody gonna tell me where to grip.
    S&W round butt N-frames have the finger grooves in the right place. I don't mind when they tell me where to grip. No gun feels better in my hand than a 627-0 or 327.

chasekerion4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    and I'm reminded of Midland PD...

I couldn't resist from chuckling at that story.

Having said that, these are kinda different scenarios.

This idiot specifically made it a point to push in the grip safety and has no business being around ANY firearms (or even paintball guns). Maybe we check the chamber first before we clean? I believe in every gun manual it's step 1 in the "disassembly" chapter. As bad as it sounds, this man got a LOT of training and chose to ignore it, thus well, he kinda got what was coming.

Lee Paige pretty much has no business being around firearms as well. Why would that Glock even have been loaded in a school? Kinda the same thing; he got what was coming.

But since most likely, if you ever need to shoot something, you'll probably have the gun gripped correctly anyway, why WOULDN'T you want the extra safety?

I'd rather play the odds with an accidental discharge on the XD. For a true accident to occur, the stars must align at the quadriplex of the summer solstice, three hours and thirteen minutes past sunset while you stand facing 180 degrees opposite the wind direction.

A Glock? Just get the trigger caught on something as little as a belt loop.

If you argue this logic; then you'd have to bash yourself if you own ANY guns that have a manual safety. Either you're on board with 'safeties' or not; The "if you have a brain" argument I hear from Glockers is super weak. Clearly there are examples of our nations "finest" loaded to the gills with training without brains. If it happens to them, it can happen to you. Maybe anyone owning a firearm with any type of safety such as the XD or manual safeties should HTFU?

Having said that, I like both my Glock 19 and the XD. I just like the XD more and prefer to trust my life to the XD. The XD is just prettier IMO :D

Ford or Chevy?

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Good post, **** happens with all pistols. Guns KB with bad ammo and dumbasses buy guns and do stupid things.

I love the debate just because it's funny.

Point is we all own guns and love this country :patriot: and :ingo:

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Do I need a special helmet or anything?

Yeah one like this.:laugh:
    am05glock01.jpg

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I think a quick poll to see if more people own Ford or Lamborghini would result in Ford kickin' some serious a$$ as well.:):

*Yes, even if owners of both got to choose their fave*;)

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    I'm pretty sure XD won by a wide margin. You must use proper math to deduce and outcome.
    Take the number of votes for glock and divide it by the number of years Glock has been on the market and then do the same for the XD. pretty simple really. :)

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Not to mention the significant swing toward XD for those who are looking to buy.

Is the Kool-Aid losing its potency?:dunno:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I'm pretty sure XD won by a wide margin. You must use proper math to deduce and outcome.
    Take the number of votes for glock and divide it by the number of years Glock has been on the market and then do the same for the XD. pretty simple really. :)

I doubt it. I see just as many "just bought a glock" threads in here as any other gun. I've purchased 3 this year alone.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield

Or we could see how many people own multiples of each..I bet more # of glocks are owned as well!

Top Bottom