• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 95wrangler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    New Pal
    All are great. I wont be the only one to say buy what feels good in your hand and shoot them all before you buy! I personally enjoy the m&p line.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Well, I believe this has been discussed many times here ;) Since you ask, all three manufactures made great firearms. I personally own a Glock (two, that is), but I know people who own the other listed and swear by them.

iCarry

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2012
    Porter
    Like they said before this, all three manufacturers have solid reputations. In addition to mxxkffg's suggestion of seeing how they fit in your hand, see how comfortable they are to carry. I have a glock, and carrying it IWB is not comfortable for me because of its width. My buddy has an M&P, which is a little thinner and more comfortable to carry IWB.(assuming you plan to EDC since its sub comp). Good luck on your decision

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Get out and go to some gunshows. The best thing you can do is find all three together and do a side by side comparison. Do your homework and find a good price on each. That's really part of the fun of gun ownership. Me, likes the XD's the best, can be found starting around 425.00.

ike1018

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I have 2 Glocks and love them, all though the grip angle isn't natural to me. Once I get the sites lined up they shoot great, are accurate and reliable. I have recently shot the M&P 9c and really enjoyed it. The grip angle is a lot more natural for me, and the ergonomics fit me better (getting to the mag release). I am definitely going to pick up the M&P Shield to likely replace my Kahr CM9 and thinking about getting a 9c. Not sure if I can ever part with my Glocks though.

I have put a mag through a XD about 6 weeks ago and found it to be really nice. My only complaint was the 1911 like grip safety. The guy who let me shoot it loves it.

Most common feedback you'll likely going to get is handle them, shoot'em if possible and pick whatever fits you better. I personally believe all three are great.

Adamz04

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2012
    Fort wayne
    Like they said before this, all three manufacturers have solid reputations. In addition to mxxkffg's suggestion of seeing how they fit in your hand, see how comfortable they are to carry. I have a glock, and carrying it IWB is not comfortable for me because of its width. My buddy has an M&P, which is a little thinner and more comfortable to carry IWB.(assuming you plan to EDC since its sub comp). Good luck on your decision

Glock width=1.18
    Mp width 1.20
    ???????????????

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Have all three in compact and really like each for there own merits. They are all three different calibers. Glock 19-9mm, XD-.45, M&P-.40. I carried the glock for quite a while but decided I wanted a little more umph-not stopping power, we won't go there-so I went with the M&P in .40. For carry it is a toss up for me between these two. Both shoot better than me, conceal well, are easy to service and are quality, reliable choices. The XD doesn't get carried very often because it is slightly thicker and I don't like how it tends to throw the brass back towards my face.

Good luck shopping!

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I am looking at purchasing a new sub compact in 9mm. I was wondering what peoples opinions are of the three manufactures listed.

Well, you said sub-compact in the 9mm.

M&P makes a compact, not a sub-compact.

XD, I've no idea, and don't care to buy one anyway.

Glock makes a sub-compact. A Glock 26. And I love mine.

You should go Glock :rockwoot:

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    All I know is the XD9-SC has way more recoil than the M&P9C. To me it was definitely less accurate, and less fun to shoot. The M&P is the most fun to shoot of all my guns. I gave up Glocks a long time ago, so I can't do a direct comparison, but I think it is mostly a matter of which one feels better in your hand.

95wrangler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    New Pal
    The Glock sub compacts are very similar in size to the m&p compact. I have a Glock 19, a m&p40c, m&p40 full size and a m&p22 (which is about the size of the full size) The Glock sits because the m&ps are just more comfortable for me. Yes the Glock is reliable and accurate, just the bar of soap grip and the odd angle is uncomfotable to me. I also keep the Glock around because I have a Mech Tech rifle upper for it and thats a blast to crank off 33 round as fast as I can pull the trigger!

XDLover

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Delaware County
    I'm a XD fan, I like my XD Subcompact 9.
    Not a fan of the glock, never felt right to me.

Like was suggested, go to a gun show or local store and handle them. Feel is the most important thing when it comes to a gun, and the smaller the gun the more important in my opinion. Don't let others tell you what is the best, you need to decide that. If a gun isn't comfy to shoot, then what is the point.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Can't give any perspective on the XDs or the M&Ps. I've carried a G27 EDC since 1998 and its worked well for me. I've owned both the 9mm G26 and the .40 cal G27. Of the two, I like the way the G27 shoots better than the G26 - but in all fairness, I never put the number of rounds through the G26 that I have through my G27.

If all you're going to get is one pistol, find one that works for you and stick to it.

MP43

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    Rochester
    i have owned the Glocks and the M&P's. Used to really like the Glocks the best till the M&P's came out. Still like the Glocks dont get me wrong but when you hold the two the M&P definately feels better and even when shooting. Tryed the XD's and just dont like the feel and the grip safeties either.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    all are good...own a glock and xd 9 sc...had an m and p...sold it on ingo (i think)...all these firearms are good to go...i think it is easier to shoot the xd accurately...glock is very reliable...get what you like or buy all three

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    For EDC I picked an M&P Shield, and I'll probably pick up an M&P.22 for plinking, but for a mid sized, hi-cap 9mm, I'm going with a Glock 19.

Top Bottom