• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 0scarM!ke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2012
    Stopped in at Bite the Bullet tonight (by the way a wonderful LGS, with super nice employees...Mark's and his wife are so nice) to pick up performance trigger spring kit from Glockworx. Went out to the range after installing the kit which consisted of lighter striker spring, striker safety spring, and trigger spring. I also installed a 3.5# disconnect. I brought along 100 rounds of TulAmmo to run through the modified Glock 26. Now, i must point out that these trigger components wont remain in my 26 and will soon go into a 34 for a "race gun" for USPSA shooting.

Loaded up and bang, click, bang, bang, click.....AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH i was sooooo flipping mad. I immediately thought it has to be ammo. Although i have fired roughly 400 flawless rounds of TulAmmo, it all got soaking wet at Sunday's match. When i got home i dried it all off and oiled it lightly with a mist of RemOil. I was noticing some Pfft puff dull thudding rounds going off. So i thought maybe the oil had penetrated into the powder and i had now 500 rounds of steel crap (not that it already isnt anyhow).

The last of 100 rounds simply would not go off. I probably 20 each Failure to extract, failure to fire, stove pipes yada yada yada. Albeit it was really good tap rack bang practice that i've never got to experience....not really the way i wanted my range session to go.

The trigger was super light weight, and crisp. I did however notice that if i pull up to the wall and let off that the trigger was not resetting out. It honestly felt great! but i was so dissapointed that i did not bring any additional ammo with me to try, and this is my carry piece, and it has to work 100% or else i won't carry it.

So i flew back home, grabbed the factory springs, 100 rounds of WWB and hauled tail back out to the range. I loaded 2 mags of WWB and only had 2 FTE's. So i knew at this point it was absolutely not ammo related at all. And that i was indeed experiencing my first Light primer strikes. So i decided to put the factory striker spring back into the gun as it would do no good whatsoever to keep the ultra light weight kit in this gun in case it's ever needed. And low and behold the next 80 rounds were flawless and i shot them as fast as humanly possible.

So, with just a 3.5# disconnect, reduced weight trigger spring, and striker safety spring it is indeed lighter...just not as light as i want. But then again it's a carry gun. And like i said before the parts were ultimately purchased to go into a race gun build so no biggie. I just hate knowing that these parts won't give me the lightest possible trigger pull for that gun either. So i may try some different weight springs for the striker...amongst other trigger mods.

Oh well, it's just frustrating.

So, for those looking to buy these spring kits from Glockworx....buyer beware:dunno:

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I hope this seves as a warning to others about "tricking out" a Glock (or other guns, for that matter.) I have not kept count--but it has been a lot--of the examples of folks putting aftermarket whizbang gizmos in Glocks and turning a perfectly functioning gun into a jam-o-matic or one that won't run at all.

Sorry to hear you had to go through all that but glad you got the gun back to its original perfect functionality by re-installing the factory components.

Last edited:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Should have called me ;)

The only things I would recommend for a G34 are a 3.5# connector, a trigger polish and new sights.

The rest of that stuff just overkill and unless you are building a Limited or Open gun to compete against the 3-5000 dollar 2011 guns.

The ONE way to make a Glock not work is swap out all of the factory parts. The world champs that shoot Glocks pretty much shoot the G34 stock.

On Youtube, search for 25 cent trigger job.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I also learn the hard way as I mod this and that to make it shoot better to come to the conclusion that mostly depends on the skill of the shooter, I went to the range last year and right next to me a guy was shooting his G19 that had trigger mods and his target looked like he was shooting a 12ga. I was shooting my stock G17 gen4 and I been practising a lot and it was showing on my groups, so I keep it simple and make more about trigger time and some good information from reliable sources and has help me to become a better shooter.

Top Bottom