• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ticktwrter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    This year has been a major pain with gnats in the back yard. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to bomb the back yard with to get rid of these pests? It is hard to enjoy the back yard with all those bugs flying around.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Only sure-fire thing I know:

Mk_6_nuclear_bomb.jpg

1.png

zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    The first time I met my now father in law I learned how to live with gnats. This will not make them go away, but it will keep them away from you.

I remember it like it was yesterday. I was 18, I go to meet her parents for the first time. Her dad is a farmer. We meet with a handshake and he asks me, the city slicker to go check irrigation with him. We jump in the truck and there is a bottle of vanilla body spray in the cup holders. No biggie, I think to myself, it's his wife's.

We we jump out of the truck and he sprays himself with it. I stare in disbelief. He asked if I wanted any, to which I replied no.

Well, I now keep a bottle in my truck. It keeps the gnats away. I even spray the dog with it to keep him gnat free.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Buffalo gnats are hard on the memsahib in the spring down here in the woody south she usually wears a mosquito veil to keep them away while gardening.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The first time I met my now father in law I learned how to live with gnats. This will not make them go away, but it will keep them away from you.

I remember it like it was yesterday. I was 18, I go to meet her parents for the first time. Her dad is a farmer. We meet with a handshake and he asks me, the city slicker to go check irrigation with him. We jump in the truck and there is a bottle of vanilla body spray in the cup holders. No biggie, I think to myself, it's his wife's.

We we jump out of the truck and he sprays himself with it. I stare in disbelief. He asked if I wanted any, to which I replied no.

Well, I now keep a bottle in my truck. It keeps the gnats away. I even spray the dog with it to keep him gnat free.

and you get to smell purty too!

We spray our yard for bugs using the triazacide sprayer that hooks to the hose. That seems to reduce them a bit.

Inside, a bowl of cider vinegar with a couple drops of dish soap mixed in does a nice job drowning the little b****rds.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    and you get to smell purty too!

We spray our yard for bugs using the triazacide sprayer that hooks to the hose. That seems to reduce them a bit.

Inside, a bowl of cider vinegar with a couple drops of dish soap mixed in does a nice job drowning the little b****rds.

I use these same methods, except the smelling purty part; I'll leave that to my wife.

I wonder tho if you could up the ante a little and maybe mix up a big batch of the cider vinegar/dish soap combo in say a 5 gallon bucket w/ a lid and at least get all the gnats in one area of the yard? Drill small holes in the lid so they could get in but not get back out, hmm... now that it's got me thinkin I may give it a whirl.

poppy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2012
    South of Indy

We also use vanilla to keep gnats at bay. Our range is notorious for gnats. Years ago, a friend suggested putting vanilla on our faces and sure enough, no more issues with gnats. Thanks, zog, for mentioning this.

Last edited:

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    Rural king sells a spray called Buggins. I don't go anywhere without it. Stuff is awesome.

You sir, are absolutely correct. Its the ONLY stuff I have found to make the gnats get on down the road. I doubted it when my GF showed up to the camper with it, but dayum does it work great!
    I still use deet for skeeters and ticks though.

Top Bottom