• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    If this trend continues and I pray to God it does, it's going to mean a lot more lost jobs unfortunately. There's no help for it until the market corrects.
    I think a word that people are going to be learning the real definition of is about to hit conscience soon.

PRODUCTIVITY

You know, the kind that puts real food on the table of a hungry family or literary shelters them like our ancestors GDP, not the smoke and mirrors that make up todays GDP…

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I think a word that people are going to be learning the real definition of is about to hit conscience soon.

PRODUCTIVITY

You know, the kind that puts real food on the table of a hungry family or literary shelters them like our ancestors GDP, not the smoke and mirrors that make up todays GDP…

Yep, but productivity will continue to take many forms. The computer guy can be productive and perform "real" work the same as the welder and warehouse worker. As long as work gets done, there is productivity. I realize that there are whole categories of workers who get no actual work done and they will suffer, but there will continue to be all kinds of workers (and even, GASP, remote workers)... ;)

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Yep, but productivity will continue to take many forms. The computer guy can be productive and perform "real" work the same as the welder and warehouse worker. As long as work gets done, there is productivity. I realize that there are whole categories of workers who get no actual work done and they will suffer, but there will continue to be all kinds of workers (and even, GASP, remote workers)... ;)
    As long as someone is willing to pay for it. When the people get hungry those priorities will change…

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Are you saying you want people to support the leftist ideology or you want people to support companies who support freedom? You can't have both. No one is happy people are losing their jobs. People are voting with their dollars in not supporting groomers.

I'm not talking about either one. Read my previous reply again. Slowly.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    As long as someone is willing to pay for it. When the people get hungry those priorities will change…

It very much depends on how things go. If we have tough times, I stand by my post. If society and/or the economy crumbles, well that's a different beast entirely. There could also be something in between. I don't have a crystal ball, but I feel my job is safe for the time being. Those with jobs that don't produce anything and don't actually accomplish anything should be feeling nervous about now.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I did. Several times.

I know I'm thick headed at times, but I'm pretty sure I read it correctly. Please enlighten me where I missed the mark.
    I'm saying that I'm disappointed that my own company's management team thought it was a good idea to dedicate as much of our production capability to any one customer. Particularly one who had already shown themselves to be as unconcerned about leaving us high and dry, as AB did. There have been some attempts in recent years to widen our customer base, but obviously not enough.

gorge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Earth
    I'm saying that I'm disappointed that my own company's management team thought it was a good idea to dedicate as much of our production capability to any one customer. Particularly one who had already shown themselves to be as unconcerned about leaving us high and dry, as AB did. There have been some attempts in recent years to widen our customer base, but obviously not enough.
    Which I completely understand this comment. I was mostly focusing my ire at AB, not the company you work for. From what I can tell by your statement, your company make bad business decisions, where AB is forcing political beliefs and wants to groom kids. There is a huge difference here.

BackFromDC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 19, 2023
    Jeffersonville
    Top Bottom