• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • God, Country, and Family -- What order should it be?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    A wise man once said.
    If I am going to die for a word I want my word to be poon tang.

well if country is just a word to you then we dont need you dying for it. we wouldnt want you popping a button.

do you think your ability to be free just spontaneously formed in a big bang? I guess all those men and women buried in other countries or arlington died for nothing huh?

Keyser Soze

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    well if country is just a word to you then we dont need you dying for it. we wouldnt want you popping a button.

do you think your ability to be free just spontaneously formed in a big bang? I guess all those men and women buried in other countries or arlington died for nothing huh?

No. Of course not. Naturally I collect the fruits of someone elses sacrifice. When I have done nothing to ensure my own freedom. I appreciate them. I cannot help that I put my family and myself before the ole USA. Maybe its because I feel guilty for not doing anything? No sense of ownership?

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Old vet.

God,family, country. Though the order of emphasis can vary from hour to hour or even minute to minute as the exigencies of the situation dictate. At sixty two my priorities and views have also changed over the years,but the core values remain the same. :)

Keyser Soze

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    I just have to ask. What do YOU feel that YOU have done to deserve or preserve the freedom you so cherish ? :)

I have to interject. This is a mindset I don't exactly understand. If things were perfect everyone would be free. In my opinion you should not have to perform some miraculous task, fight a war, kill lots of people to be free.

Why is freedom something you need to fight for? I am aware that not everyone is fortunate enough to live where we do. The only time you need to fight for freedom is when its taken. Why would someone feel the need to deprive someone of freedom? Country, religion, money...imo

Hard to express exactly how I feel but basically we should not be busting our @$$s to be free. If people were not such a holes everything would be just cool without all this war stuff.

Last edited:

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    I have to interject. This is a mindset I don't exactly understand. If things were perfect everyone would be free. In my opinion you should not have to perform some miraculous task, fight a war, kill lots of people to be free.

Why is freedom something you need to fight for? I am aware that not everyone is fortunate enough to live where we do. The only time you need to fight for freedom is when its taken. Why would someone feel the need to deprive someone of freedom? County, religion, money...imo

Hard to express exactly how I feel but basically we should not be busting our @$$s to be free. If people were not such a holes everything would be just cool without all this war stuff.

I'm even against most wars, and I think this is ridiculous. Why is freedom something you need to fight for? Because if you don't fight for it, you don't experience it to its full potential. This world has always been full of people who are trying to infringe on other people's freedoms, and for the most part, the only time when countries have been truly free have been when they've fought for it. Unfortunately, freedom doesn't have a winning record throughout history. We are one of a few exceptions. Maybe that's why I'm so freaking proud of the people who have died for it.

In response to the OP, I'm an early 20's male, and my order is God, family, country. Unless, by country, you mean the founding principles and freedom. I don't put my own freedom before my family, but I do put the freedom of our country above my family, including myself. I'm not claiming to be some bad ass commando, but I would gladly sacrifice my life in order to preserve freedom. :twocents:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Family, God, Country.

20's, Male, Non-Vet.

Edit: I decided to erase everything I just typed out, because I don't want the thread to spiral(downward). I'm a God-fearing Christian, but I am weak and would go to hell for a few things...All of them involve revenge.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Family, God, Country.

20's, Male, Non-Vet.

Edit: I decided to erase everything I just typed out, because I don't want the thread to spiral(downward). I'm a God-fearing Christian, but I am weak and would go to hell for a few things...All of them involve revenge.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Family, God, Country.

20's, Male, Non-Vet.

:n00b:
    20's?!
    I always thought you had to be in your late 50's and be retired when I thought about the time it must have took you to post all those posts on INGO.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Why is freedom something you need to fight for?

The hard war for our freedom was already fought by brave patriots who valued it higher than even their immediate families' well being.

The soft war to preserve that freedom is a constant fight against societal apathy, self-centeredness and the often subtle, incremental encroachments upon our Liberty that would relegate us once again to the position of subjects.

"The liberties of our country, the freedoms of our civil Constitution are worth defending at all hazards; it is our duty to defend them against all attacks. We have received them as a fair inheritance from our worthy ancestors. They purchased them for us with toil and danger and expense of treasure and blood. It will bring a mark of everlasting infamy on the present generation – enlightened as it is – if we should suffer them to be wrested from us by violence without a struggle, or to be cheated out of them by the artifices of designing men." -Samuel Adams

1. God
    2. Country
    3. Family

Male, 40s, vet, citizen :patriot:

Top Bottom