iti anunka (In the trees)
    Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Donation made as promised. Great job on getting this donation endeavor off the ground OKG!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Saw a blue porch light today on 8th Street in Goshen. I wonder if it was an INGOer, someone who changed their bulb, or just someone who has it blue all the time. It just reminded me of this thread.

norman428

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    FINALLY located some actually blue bulbs this weekend (lights are currently a very dull shade of blue, its all I could find). Lowes in Noblesville has regular bulbs and spotlight bulbs in stock if anyone is still looking, they specifically have them right inside the doors, which is awesome.

I'm assuming its not about this, but maybe more about Channel 13's going blue pledge, but I just saw a commercial yesterday morning about turning your lights blue. That's awesome if this is what started it all, great job!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    FINALLY located some actually blue bulbs this weekend (lights are currently a very dull shade of blue, its all I could find). Lowes in Noblesville has regular bulbs and spotlight bulbs in stock if anyone is still looking, they specifically have them right inside the doors, which is awesome.

I'm assuming its not about this, but maybe more about Channel 13's going blue pledge, but I just saw a commercial yesterday morning about turning your lights blue. That's awesome if this is what started it all, great job!

I really think this all started right here but the media put there own special spin on it. No issue with the spin just wish OG got more credit.

I still have a few Blue lights "For Free" if any one wants one.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Saw a blue porch light today on 8th Street in Goshen. I wonder if it was an INGOer, someone who changed their bulb, or just someone who has it blue all the time. It just reminded me of this thread.

There are still at least a dozen in Plainfield that I am aware of. Though it began here, this thing has grown way beyond INGO!

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I really think this all started right here but the media put there own special spin on it. No issue with the spin just wish OG got more credit.

I still have a few Blue lights "For Free" if any one wants one.
    It Definitely started right here. OKGirl pm'd me before the thread or anything got mentioned on the news about blue lights. She started it 100%.
    as long as people do it for the right reason then it's awesome. People who do it to look cool or to be part of a fad make me sick like fake patriotism.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    It Definitely started right here. OKGirl pm'd me before the thread or anything got mentioned on the news about blue lights. She started it 100%.
    as long as people do it for the right reason then it's awesome. People who do it to look cool or to be part of a fad make me sick like fake patriotism.

Actually, i mentioned a house in Griffith that had blue porch lights to someone, and they told me the reason.... and that was probably 10 years ago.
    But i dont think people generally knew about it.
    I think okiegirl and INGO got the word out, and now EVERYONE knows.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    UPDATE: Back in the news

The media has come back to visit again with our very own OkieGirl. Both Channel 6 & 8 have come by for camera interviews. The facebook page is now over 11,000 likes and still very active (which some that we talk to find amazing because many similar efforts before are done and gone within a few weeks.)

She has expanded to a 2nd facebook community page "Indiana Going Blue". So, those facebook LE supporters outside of Indianapolis, please go like the page.

Watch for OkieGirl tonight at 10pm and 11pm on Indianapolis WRTV 6 and WISH 8 news.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom