• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    My grandpa passed in 2010, when he did, I grabbed his fishing gear. He had a couple cane poles, a rod, and then a rod and reel. It is an old Zebco, today I went to Gander and the guy in the fishing department put new string on. I need to get some swivels, hooks, and sinkers. Might be going fishing with my fiance's father on Saturday. Also will use my open face pole I already have.

tyrajam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Fishers
    That's great, nothing beats using an old rod or gun that has memories attached to it. You might want to look over those cane poles a little, most are probably a dime a dozen but some are worth thousands.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    I recently caught a fish using a lure that was my Great grandfathers who passed away long before i was born. It was a cool experience to use the same lures he did and land fish with them.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I still use (At times) and Old zebco 33 reel and a St croix rod combo from my grandfather. When I can get it away from my kids.

I did have to replace a part on the reel from zebco. Worth the 2,39 and shipping for the part. Must be a good 60 years old.

Shootin'IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    S.W. Indiana
    When my dad passed I got some of my grandfathers old fishing gear.
    Some of the old lures look like they were whittled out of an old branch of a tree.
    I don't use them I just look at them from time to time & think "if these things could talk I wonder what they could tell me".
    They are just like trigger said, "Family Heirlooms!"

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    I am not 100% sure, but I think it is a Omega 33. This is what it looks like (not my photo)

$%28KGrHqFHJF!FFwdgTZjQBRdiU8tn2Q~~60_35.JPG

I am not 100% sure how the "anti reverse works".

jeeper038

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Man this brings back some memories. I need to get my grandpa's old Zebco out and catch some fish this year.

Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    I have my Grandfathers favorite rod and reel............ Dad gave it to me awhile back. Havent brought myself to fish with it. Reading this post I may just go ahead and take it out with me. Grandpa had alot of rods and reels over the years but this was his favortie combo. Cannot imagine how many thousands of fish and im not exaggerating it has caught. It was nothing for him toi bring home 3-4 five gallon bucketsw full of bluegills and crappie........ good eating ;)

Top Bottom