• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • junglerogue

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 20, 2009
    SAV, ELP, DFW, SBN,
    Anybody have any recommendations for things to do at the Indiana Dunes? We were going to go up to Silver Lake, but the the wife didn't want to drive 2.5+ hours. Soooo I guess we're going to the dunes.
    Thanks

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    Anybody have any recommendations for things to do at the Indiana Dunes? We were going to go up to Silver Lake, but the the wife didn't want to drive 2.5+ hours. Soooo I guess we're going to the dunes.
    Thanks
    Whatever you do, keep the gun close by. I've driven through there unarmed before and decided to never, ever do that again. :pimp:

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    The Dunes attracts some unsavory characters from the Chicago area. I live in that general area, and have a scanner. There is significant activity in that area during the warmer weather including assaults, car break ins, and intoxication. That being said, there are hiking and biking trails, a camping area, swimming (in season), and picnic areas. Part of the Dunes is a state park, and part of it is a national park, so I would do some leg work to see what the legality on firearms is.

junglerogue

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 20, 2009
    SAV, ELP, DFW, SBN,
    Thanks for the suggestions, all went well. Ended up going to New Buffalo and walking around, then heading to Warren Dunes and ice cream afterwards. I also figured out the lockers on the Cruiser.

beagle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    N.W. Indiana
    We've been camping there several times a year for the past 20 years and never had a problem. I know that a long time ago they had some problems at the beach area with young kids drinking but they put a stop to that problem. Chesterton is a nice little clean town with some nice restaurants. And some good restaurants east of the Dunes State Park on Rt #12....

Top Bottom