• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BlueCow

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2012
    I'm going to the indy 1500 next month with my brother inlaw and father inlaw. its the first time at the indy 1500 for all of us. we plan on being there an hour before the doors open on friday 3-15. i will be looking for some hornady critical duty 9mm, a biometric handgun safe, some target 9mm ammo and plinking 22lr, some of those nifty easy to see targets, and a bolt action 22. with a wood stock. are you guys going? any suggestions on what to look for or what to stay away from? any other tips?

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    My best advice for n00bs is to go for the experience and to be able to browse through and find things you never knew you couldn't live without. haha. I think people get disappointed when they go to solely "find deals" or to look for one specific thing. I enjoy the 1500 because I get to go meet INGO Vendors at their tables and INGO mods at the INGO table, as well as find little odds and ends that I decide I have to have. haha. Don't forget to swing by the INGO table!

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    Go with low expectations and a fat wallet. Don't bathe for a few weeks beforehand and just wonder aimlessly, nobody will realize your a noob.

gewehr3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    1. Flush $20 down the toilet
    2. Don't shower for two weeks
    3. Buy what you need online

Same experience less hassle, and you may actually find what you are shopping for.

spray73

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I've always enjoyed going solely for the experience.. I don't know any of the members here by face, and never knew Ingo had a table so I've never really met or gone with intention of seeing friendly faces. (Outside of those I go with of course)

It's fun, but I agree with the above, you can always find what you need online, without walking nut to but for multiple hours. .

reesez

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Chevyville
    Question, never been to ANY gun show so is it ok for a family type of thing? like my wife and I and son maybe step son? My son is 2 and not very rambunctious or anything. figure I could put him on my shoulders or something. I dunno. Just really wanna go but have my son that weekend, and wife is actually off work.

Hooiserfloyd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    I think it's best to know what your after and get online prices and factor in the $7 to park $12 per person to get in, and not to mention the 1-3 hr wait if you show early. Best to wait 3hrs after opening,especially opening day. Ammo and accessories can be bought at deals if you plan on buying in bulk or multiple items. My wife went this year with me and the only thing she thought was entertaining was the ppl.:dunno:

Rocdenindy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Indy
    I would not suggest taking a 2 year old. Not that the people are bad but it is now so packed that if you didn't carry him, you could easily lose him. As for the show, I went to the one late last year and prices were high on everything. hopefully things calm down soon. But it is enjoyable.

Tomfoolery

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Auburn IN
    Best way to bring a small child to a gunshow.
    dscf6029x.jpg

He'll have more fun then you.

edit - Bathrooms are dicey. This might be my fear of public restrooms but let's do the math. XXXX amount of people who don't bathe regularly all using the same public urinal.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Question, never been to ANY gun show so is it ok for a family type of thing? like my wife and I and son maybe step son? My son is 2 and not very rambunctious or anything. figure I could put him on my shoulders or something. I dunno. Just really wanna go but have my son that weekend, and wife is actually off work.

I would start off with a regional show.

Top Bottom