Gone 'home-brew' on my case lube... Lanolin and 99% isopropyl alcohol.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    That's all Dillon case lube is... Lanolin & 99% isopropyl
    Not sure of the mix ratio though.
    I also give a light mist of it on pistol cases.
    Afterwards, I just dump the loaded rounds into a terry cloth towel and mush them around for a minute, flip the towel over and repeat.
    No problemo...

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Works for me...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00028MLKC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

^^^Got this from Amazon, added a 12 oz. bottle of Heet (Red Bottle), and I now have a great lube to replace my empty Dillon case lube bottle.

I just "Eyeballed" about 1/4th. of the Lanolin bottle (1 oz.), added the 12 oz. Heet bottle into a spray bottle + shake.
    I got a few case dents on the first .223 brass that I was working until I backed off a little on the coverage..Works GREAT...Bill.

PS:Since I have Amazon Prime-No Shipping $$=The 13oz. mix cost me right @ $4.25=Pretty cheap for GOOD STUFF....

Last edited:

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00028MLKC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

^^^Got this from Amazon, added a 12 oz. bottle of Heet (Red Bottle), and I now have a great lube to replace my empty Dillon case lube bottle.

I just "Eyeballed" about 1/4th. of the Lanolin bottle (1 oz.), added the 12 oz. Heet bottle into a spray bottle + shake.
    I got a few case dents on the first .223 brass that I was working until I backed off a little on the coverage..Works GREAT...Bill.

PS:Since I have Amazon Prime-No Shipping $$=The 13oz. mix cost me right @ $4.25=Pretty cheap for GOOD STUFF....

That's the exact stuff I use. It's tempting to over use now that you can make a giant jug for nothing.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I know it is uncommon these days, but not all pistol dies have a carbide insert. If you pick up an old set of RCBS, Lyman, or Pacific pistol dies from a gun show, they may be the plain steel dies and will still need case lube.

mr.steve

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Plymouth
    I started using lanolin/Heet shortly after I started reloading for my AR. I use a 1:12 dilution, reason is I tend to over spray :)
    it's crucial to allow at least 20 some minutes drying time before sizing. it works perfect for me and is definitely economical. For lanolin sources try Whole Foods, health food stores or natural stores.

Top Bottom