• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Doesn't look good, but he did try to run an officer over. Possibly a bad shoot, but not nearly in the same league as some others.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Any shoot anymore causes trouble. It makes good cops appear to be gunfighters looking for bounty money.
    I wish I could get this one message across to the criminals...... DON'T MESS WITH THE COPS. DON'T BE A CRIMINAL. Be nice and you might not get killed.

68NOVA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2016
    nwi
    I have no comment on the shooting...

But....

They need training in how to alert each other that their camera is recording.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    That was a damn dangerous cross fire when the Jag (?) went between the cars and almost ran over the one guy.

Dayim.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Unfortunately the microscope only seems to be getting more powerful when looking at police action shootings. I am all for honest investigations but I honestly beleive the vast majority of incidents are properly investigated and the integrity of most officers is outstanding.I will admit I was shocked the incident with IMPD and the shnook that shot an officer and had the long chase about 2 weeks ago where the police fired @200rnds didn't get as much attention in the media as I expected. Which I am thankful for.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Was listening to the progressive radio channel today when this hit the news. The "talent", Tom Hartman, described the incident and just when I thought he was going to say that an investigation should be allowed to play out before rushing to judgement, he remarked "Every black person knows when they are being chased by police the police will just shoot them so it's logical for them to run." - or something very close to that. He then, although he is Caucasian, managed to work in a few derogatory comments re: his philosophy of "white privilege" which is a standard for him.

I Guess I should have known better but just for a minute I thought a "progressive" ( not liberal ) might speak with a voice of reason rather than inciting devisiveness and racial tension.

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    That was a damn dangerous cross fire when the Jag (?) went between the cars and almost ran over the one guy.

Dayim.

That was my first thought after I watched the second video. Then after watching the dash cam video I was amazed that his partner wasn't shot. Heck the second officer put a round into the hood of their car. He came out of the car with his weapon drawn and began firing as he cleared his door and before he came into view of the dash cam. The first officer didn't fire until after nearly being hit, and a few seconds after his partner began firing.

To me it appeared as if the perp was trying to evade and avoid a collision by squeezing through the gap between the CPD car and the parked car. I don't believe either one of the two officers fired the shot that struck the perp in the back. I think that came later after the one officer went over the fence. Did the officer that went over the fence shoot the perp? Don't know.

One thing I do believe is that the other arriving officers were very relieved they didn't fire any rounds.

I'll not second guess the officers. All I know is what I watched on the four videos.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    From watching the videos and reading the story, it would appear the main issue is that you hear 4-5 shots after he ran from the vehicle. The family seems to feel that he wasn't shot while driving but rather after he ran.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    From watching the videos and reading the story, it would appear the main issue is that you hear 4-5 shots after he ran from the vehicle. The family seems to feel that he wasn't shot while driving but rather after he ran.

Which is kinda a problem. However, there was chatter about him possibly shooting at them, so that may help.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    While I can understand where the videos raise some suspicion, state laws can be different and department SOP's vary. So I won't speculate if it was appropriate action or not. However, I will say I am kinda glad I am not a LEO given our current society. But I will also say thank you to those of you who are LEO's.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    While I can understand where the videos raise some suspicion, state laws can be different and department SOP's vary. So I won't speculate if it was appropriate action or not. However, I will say I am kinda glad I am not a LEO given our current society. But I will also say thank you to those of you who are LEO's.

The main issue IMO, was that this guy was unarmed, and supposedly fleeing when he was shot in the back. I haven't yet seen the state law or SOP that isn't in line with Tennessee v Garner.

Top Bottom