• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • prduke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    Noblesville
    Looking for a "tactical" light....but not one to attach to my gun. A small hand held, not the 6 D type of lights. Maybe 4-6 inches?

Like to have one with 180+ lumens, end cap button for on/off, AA or AAA type of battery, LED bulb, long run time.

I have seen some that meet some of the criteria...surefire for example had everything, but took special batteries, (123A?)

Any thoughts are brand, model, where to purchase, etc?

Thanks!

PAUL

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Pelican lights have been getting really good reviews and I believe they make some that take AAs as well.

Spyke05

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Great ideas guys. I will say this thoguh the 123A batteries are really widespread now in use with lights. That being said I really love my Surefire Z2 combat light with high intensity led bulb. Its a very tough rugged light with a great warranty.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Recharge for everyday use and keep the primaries stored in gearbags. I've gone thru multiples of Streamlight, Surefire, Jetbeam, Fenix, Nitecore, and Novatac. If I had only found the HDS (Ra) from the start, I would be out much less money.

'Course, the upside is that I've got enough lights to keep 'em stashed everywhere. ;)

More light...

2011-06-16_16-50-53_769.jpg

Last edited:

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    I have a Streamlight Protac 2L, very bright, and compact; it comes with a holster too, I carry mine on my belt next to my Swisstool everyday, and love it.

FYI, I just got 12 Streamlight CR132a's on Amazon for around 20 bucks, they really aren't that expensive.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour

My buddy carries a ProTac 2L and I really like his light. It is bright, compact, fits in the pocket well and has a strobe feature. I understand the reason to want a light that takes 2AA batteries but the CR123 lights tend to be brighter. A person can buy these new for about $60 and they are well worth the money.

In my humble opinion the best defensive flashlight currently made is the Surefire Lx2.

http://www.google.com/products/cata...=5I38Tpz3LdP0gAe5zKibAg&sqi=2&ved=0CFUQ8wIwAQ

It's not inexpensive, but it's very high quality and has the best feature set for a handheld light.

I just purchased a Surefire LX2. What an awesome light! I had it in my hand for about 15 seconds before my wife put it in her pocket and left. Other then when it is sitting on the dresser I never get to see the darn thing. But if I got to carry this light it would be a cadillac.

mkbar80

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    Great ideas guys. I will say this thoguh the 123A batteries are really widespread now in use with lights. That being said I really love my Surefire Z2 combat light with high intensity led bulb. Its a very tough rugged light with a great warranty.

This....I don't see 123's as "special" batteries. Every major brand makes them, I can get duracells at Kroger. Surefires at Lowes.

rookie0014

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    kokomo
    boondock outdoors the light is called a kill light i use them hunting at night for yotes. not sure if you r looking for something like this but i can say this i have the 100 and the 250 and hands down best beam and brightest light i have ever had or seen you can get red,white,blue,green colors and i have the red but even in red i have no problem identifing what animal yote,fox,dog ect at 200yds

Top Bottom