• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wwdkd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Valparaiso
    After a long time I finally convinced my fiance to get her first gun, which was no easy feat :D. Now we're looking for gun stores to try out guns and find one for a good price, so I'm reaching out to the INGO community. Does anyone know of any good ones in the Muncie area? I already tried McGallard Guns and More here in Muncie and am looking for some more. Willing to travel a ways for a good one

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    MC Sports sorta on the east end of McGallaird has few deals at times. There's Crackshot in Anderson, then one in or around Marion, McDonald's, I think.

What are you looking for? Have you tried the Classifieds here? Oh yeah there will be a gun show here in Muncie this weekend. Good place to try on several guns before you buy.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    After a long time I finally convinced my fiance to get her first gun, which was no easy feat :D. Now we're looking for gun stores to try out guns and find one for a good price, so I'm reaching out to the INGO community. Does anyone know of any good ones in the Muncie area? I already tried McGallard Guns and More here in Muncie and am looking for some more. Willing to travel a ways for a good one

Big daddy's in Hagerstown, that's where I go. Short drive from Muncie and good deals. Knowledgeable staff and very helpful.

Big Daddys Guns and More | Facebook

Mad Anthony Wayne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    NE central Indiana
    You could try Buckshot Sporting Goods in Winchester. It's not too far from Muncie. They have a good selection and their pricing is competitive.

+1 for Buck Shot Sporting Goods. Good people there, good prices. It's right in downtown Winchester. Pretty easy to find.

dlbrown75

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 90.9%
    9   1   1
    May 2, 2011
    Newcastle, IN
    I will never go in big daddys again. If you want an explanation I will give it if someone wants to hear it. I did give them 2 tries to earn my business and they failed miserably both times.

XDLover

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Delaware County
    I live close to Muncie and go to Buckshot in Winchester or Crackshot in Anderson. I also watch MCSports for deals as they have a nice handgun selection!
    I've tried Big Daddy's in Hagerstown before and will say try have a nice shop but I haven't had luck.
    I don't like McGalliard myself as I've been in 2 times and never once got a soul to say hello or help me.

I also went to the shop in downtown Anderson. It's on the 4th floor of the building and is small but had a few choices. Said he was just getting started.

Also Prairie Creek Pawn at Macedonia and Burlington and Ohio is a ok place. He has several options there too.

Reno316

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Muncie
    I don't like McGalliard myself as I've been in 2 times and never once got a soul to say hello or help me.

Agreed. Went in a couple times, NOT impressed. Generally poor attitudes all around, and they seemed to forget that customers are they reason they exist.

I'm looking for another option as well.

VidGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2012
    Muncie
    Agreed. Went in a couple times, NOT impressed. Generally poor attitudes all around, and they seemed to forget that customers are they reason they exist.

I'm looking for another option as well.

I've been in a couple times... the first nobody said anything to me, but the second time they were really friendly.

Prices seemed a little high, but not ridiculous.

Cannon762

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Gas City Area
    I will never go in big daddys again. If you want an explanation I will give it if someone wants to hear it. I did give them 2 tries to earn my business and they failed miserably both times.

Judging by my experiences with this place I don't doubt it. The owner was really nice but his staff ran me out twice as well.

OP, you'll be able to find stuff at MC Sports/Mcgalliard guns, but if you really want to see a store I'd recommend the trip up to 21st Century in Bluffton. It's a bit of a drive, but they're the only semi-local store I've found myself returning to.

GaDawg

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2012
    Muncie
    I can tell you Mcgallards Guns n More is a joke. I go in from time to time to look at used racks and a good laugh. The BS thrown around I bothered by the staff if comical. I actually called them to price a Remington 700 and the sales guy I talked to didn't have a clue what gun I was talking about he was like is that some kind of nostalgic gun? I said I guess you can call them that lol. There are several small garage gun shops around the area to in Eatin you have RTS guns and few more around Hartford City.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I wouldn't give up on McGalliard guns just yet. They get so busy that they forget to say hi to someone walking in. Not good, but they are somethimes just that busy. Plus, for the most part, they don't like to "jump" on someone just walking in.
    As for the prices, all I can say is not all of them are gun guys. I do like dealing with Steven in there. He's a skinny kid with brown hair. Good kid.

I do also like Buckshot in Winchester. They always seem to have the most interesting stuff, even if they're not the biggest. They will almost always at least greet you as you walk in. And they have a large selection of powders, and some other realoading stuff. Plus archery stuff.

Hummel's in Portland is small, but I do like the old guy. He has a few handguns, jsut a few more long guns, and lots of supplies. Also tons of fishing stuff, and a very good muzzleloader supply area. Good prices, and the ol' feller's a straight shooter.

I have been to One Shot in Portland also. It has a bigger selection, but I just don't like it as well as Hummel's.

I have been to the shop in Hagerstown. It's a nice shop, but the prices seem a little high. The owner seemed like a nice guy, though.

The above is just my opinions, and it's worth just what you paid for it. Good luck in your quest.

Top Bottom