• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sean2999

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Westfield IN
    Ok guys, I have been on ingo for a month now and you guys are full of knowledge, so now I'm in the market for a hand gun. I want something that is a great quality and fun to shoot, i tend to go shooting often so i want something that will last. Now i have done some looking around and xd and glock's are looking good to me. what would you guys recommend?

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    That's sort of a vague question, could you be more specific as to what purpose the handgun is going to serve? cause I can throw out manufacturer & model suggestions all day long but unless I know what the gun is going to be used for they are all going to be just wild guesses as to what you would like, want or need.

sean2999

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Westfield IN
    yeah i know its vague but i just want to hear from people on what they would get, have, like. Im coming into some extra funds soon and Im wanting to keep my options very open. this gun would be for target shooting purposes and i am wanting to keep it under $500 but cheaper would be better. not looking to go all out just yet.

FatGeek

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    If you want a recommendation from those two, I will say Glock 19.

If you are not experienced with handguns, I would start out with a 22. A good choice there would be a Ruger Mark II or III.

I agree, the Ruger .22 pistols are great for learning and the Glock 19 is super versatile as a range gun and carry gun, and the ammo is more affordable than .40 or .45.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Find a range that rents handguns or someone that has several different ones they'd let you shoot. I love my Glock 27 but a few others that have shot it HATE it.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    yeah i know its vague ...

Then you'll get suggestions covering the handgun spectrum (like from the Ruger .22 to a Glock 19 for example).

What kind of "target" shooting? Plinking? Formal? Bullseye? One of the current 'combat' game style competitions?

Either of the above guns could be a good or poor choice depending on your intended use.

Firearms are highly specialized tools. They're not hammers.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    313g7lh.jpg

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member