• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • michaelw2608

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    Does anyone know of a good mechanic/brake shop in or around Noblesville. I just dropped a car off at a certain shop on 37, and they kindly let me know that it was going to be $796.00 to replace my brake pads (all four) and rear brake rotors. I have never taken a vehicle to shop before for brakes (always do it my own), but this seemed ridiculous.

I no longer live at home on the farm where I can easily do this on my own. Any suggestions?

Thanks

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    If 96th & Michigan Rd isn't too far out of your way, try Confident Auto. I would be surprised if they couldn't get it done (and done right, of course) for considerably less than that.

infiremedic07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Lapel/Noblesville
    All wheel disc brakes? If so they are pretty easy to change on your own. I have changed the brakes and rotors on every car I've owned so far. What is your make and model?

michaelw2608

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    All wheel disc brakes? If so they are pretty easy to change on your own. I have changed the brakes and rotors on every car I've owned so far. What is your make and model?

Yea, all wheel disc brakes. It is a 2002 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am. I have always changed them myself until now. I grew up on a farm so I always had plenty of space and tools to do all that type of work myself. Now I am in an apartment in Noblesville and just don't have the tools or space up here to do it.

Dwight

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Sheridan
    Does anyone know of a good mechanic/brake shop in or around Noblesville. I just dropped a car off at a certain shop on 37, and they kindly let me know that it was going to be $796.00 to replace my brake pads (all four) and rear brake rotors. I have never taken a vehicle to shop before for brakes (always do it my own), but this seemed ridiculous.

I no longer live at home on the farm where I can easily do this on my own. Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Not sure where you went on 37, but I highly recommend Christian Brothers Auto. They are pretty new. Down at 37 & 131st area near the Dairy Queen on the east side of 37. Worked on my son's car and seemed fair price with excellent service.

infiremedic07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Lapel/Noblesville
    Cant think of the name but there is a shop just after the river on the north side of 32. Across from the old kahlo lot. Bunch of guys on the fd have used him. Hes right across from the wendy's.

Top Bottom