• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    The child support system is a train wreck, mainly due to the retards that work there. Absolutely the dumbest people I have ever met, worse than wal mart at 3:00 AM! That being said, I don't want to see dead beats getting off any easier than they already do, and I hope this doesn't somehow open it up for them.

My ex wife is an RN, and married to a DR, and this worthless ***** has demanded my kids go to college just so I have to continue to pay. She never liked the fact that she spent 12 years going to college, and I dropped out of high school, and I make more money than her.:):

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    How did it ever become 21, that's what I want to know?

I always find it so shocking that by getting divorced you get stuck being MORE responsible for a "child".

If you and your wife are married and so inclined, you can chuck your kid out on his ass at 18. He's a grown man, he can take care of himself. If you want to provide more, you can, but he's grown and your legal obligation is over. No requirement to pay college if you don't want to.

But get divorced? Now you have to pay your ex till the kid is damn near 30 as long as he go's to college. Nevermind the fact that you can't possibly afford it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    One word will explain this.....Lawyers. The age was pushed up shortly after I finished paying off my support for 3 boys by my first mistake, opps, I mean wife. She was a nightmare through all of the divorce proceedings looking only to punish and admonish me into submission and coming back home. Lawyers folks. I tried to gain custody of my boys, fought the good fight, lived the good clean life and it got me zero. At age 14 when she knew they had a say in where they lived and the court fees would be on her and the new hubby she let them come live with me. One at a time on their 14th "B" day they moved in with me and my wife. We paid full support to keep them out of our lives and they never once asked to see the kids. When the revenue stream dried up they moved to Florida.

Point being.....choose wisely.....it is your life to. The kids are all fine.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    How did it ever become 21, that's what I want to know?
    Because 21 used to be the age of majority in this country. Until then you were not considered a true, legal adult. Sure you could quit school and join the military and do a number of other things, but as far as the law was concerned you weren't really an adult. They later dropped that age discriminating law in most places and made 18 the cut off age for consideration as an "adult".

Buckshot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Tipton, County
    The people at the state level are stupid. They have sent me checks and said i was over paid and then a couple of days later they sent me a letter telling me I was behind, I asked why they had sent me the money and they did not know. So I told them I would send the check back and they told me that I could not do that, I had to cash it and take the funds to the County Clerks office.. It was hard to understand them on the phone to start with and they had a REAL bad attude to to it off..

Hogwylde

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Moved to Tucson, AZ
    I've been married 3 times and I don't pay a dime of child support and never have and never will.

You know why? Because I listened to SADCLOWNWP. Don't have kids in the first place and you NEVER have to deal with an ex ever again. I know enough about them to give there address and phone number to the bill collectors that call me looking for them.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've been married 3 times and I don't pay a dime of child support and never have and never will.

You know why? Because I listened to SADCLOWNWP. Don't have kids in the first place and you NEVER have to deal with an ex ever again. I know enough about them to give there address and phone number to the bill collectors that call me looking for them.

Post #7 this thread....Choose wisely.

mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed
    Yes they should make all kids go to college and all parents pay for it. Just think, when you go to the Mcdrive through you will have a college educated kid saying "you want a hot apple pie with that" and that poor kids dad will have paid for it. College isnt for everyone, and its quickly becoming a higher cost with less return. And when your 18, quite simply sometimes a kid is better off going to the school of hard knocks instead of he/she attending "party university".

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    My son has lived with me for the last 6.7 yrs. Never persued any support or medical payments. I paid support when he didn't live with me.

LionWeight

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 17, 2011
    Merrillville
    I say cut them off at 9. Kids are such a pain, always keeping someone from gettin to a party or stay over. They've got a lot of nerve to expect anything else once they have been created. I mean really, what more do they want??????

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Children are not a liability, nor an investment, nor are they an asset. They are a blessing.

Top Bottom