• ...and so much more!
  • RedSox

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2013
    Camby
    They will not deal with it.
    It will not be reported except buried deep or not at all.
    Most likely it will be misrepresented to prove their version.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    They'll just keep repeating this 90% want gun control bs narrative.

:lala:90%:lala:90%:lala:

Mudsock

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Handcuff County
    The media will not even go near this sort of non-emotional presentation of fact. It seems local TV and Network national news only want to stir-up gun control fervor whenever possible. Unfortunately, I doubt this will even get much traction on Fox News Channel nowadays........

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    If there is one thing the media could care less about, it's the facts. That would require some objectivity on their part, and objectivity is not in keeping with their present style of deceptive agendas.

Great story though! Thanks for posting. :yesway:

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Much of the information confirms what many of us have been stating here. I did notice that in the latest data (2004) the info obtained when they questioned inmates that admitted having /using a firearm was quite interesting. Forty percent (40%) stated they obtained it illegally (stole, from drug dealer, black market etc), and 37.4% got the gun from friends or family. So 77.4 did not go through normal purchase methods and only .8% bought at a gun show!

Mudsock

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Handcuff County
    EXACTLY! It's the Government's own data. The Executive Branch must not be getting (or reading, or worse, ignoring). Too bad we as citizens cannot have our own "Rose Garden" Press Conference to voice our displeasures, and make sad faces. :-(

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    What! They MSM isn't reporting facts? What about the 90% stuff? I just don't know what to think anymore.

ZombiePanda

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    What! They MSM isn't reporting facts? What about the 90% stuff? I just don't know what to think anymore.

It's okay, man. We don't have to think. The government can think for us. Let them worry about the MSM. They have committees and studies and stuff, and if the MSM is saying things that aren't true then .gov will deal with them. All we need to worry about is American Idol.

Dobber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Granger (South Bend)
    I think it's very easy to become complacent. These numbers are a great thing but please note that the largest drop occurred between 1993 and 2000. My expectation is that the MSM will pick this up as a huge indication of the success of the Brady bill and will highlight new anti-gun legislation that could prevent the climb that occurred from 2000-2005. Or maybe they'll write off that climb to one of the old go-tos like gang violence where those innocent kids are forced by other innocent kids to behave like mercenaries....but I digress.

The short of it is this: If you think any report regarding gun violence put out by the govt during this administration is favorable to gun owners: you're dreaming.

Statistical Analysis is an exceptional tool for wrangling the uninformed because it can be as complex as the author wants and data can be manipulated with ease to create information that's is misleading or inspires inference of falsities.

This report will not come out in our favor.

-Dobber

EDIT: typos.

Top Bottom