• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I'm in town for the day and would like to get a good meal for dinner? Any suggestions?

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    On Wabash there is a blue building on the east end of town...it's someone's family restaurant...it's AWESOME.

As you are heading east, it's on the south side of the road east of Barton AVE..

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Rick's Smokehouse on Wabash is pretty good

Yes, we had their barbecued pulled pork at the WVPPS end of year party last year and it was excellent.

Terre Haute like a lot of other towns is dominated by the chains. They have most of those.

I wish I could recommend some small local places, but I don't know if they still exist.

If you like German food, you could go to Home - Gerhardt's Bierstube Restaurant. It's on the north end of town.

Western Ribeye near the corner of Fruitridge and Wabash was always good, but it has a different name now and it might be totally different!

There used to be a good Italian place on 3rd Street, but it has either moved or gone out of business.

Don't forget . . . SQUARE DONUTS!

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    ARE THESE PEOPLE EVER STOP TALKING?! I'M HUNGRY!!! YES, THE SCHOOL IS NICE. YES, THE KIDS ARE SMART. YES, THEY GET JOBS. HOW ABOUT GIVING ME A FREAKING BURGER?!

codydugger

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    avon,in
    If you like BBQ, you have to try homeys bbq at the intersection of 13th and college. he does all the cooking himself on the grills outside and the food is real good.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Rick's Smokehouse on Wabash is pretty good

I second, third, or whatever Rick's.

If it's still open, Big Shoes BBQ. If not, Pino's El Sonato (Italian) on 7th.

Big Shoes is no longer open.

If you like BBQ, you have to try homeys bbq at the intersection of 13th and college. he does all the cooking himself on the grills outside and the food is real good.

I have had some of Homey's stuff, it is good.

I also suggest Green Acres Dairy Barn up north.

7093 Rosedale Rd, Terre Haute, IN 47805

it is up north and you sit outside, but the food is good and I heard the ice cream is also (I wouldn't know, don't like it).

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    If it's still open, Big Shoes BBQ. If not, Pino's El Sonato (Italian) on 7th.
    the best Italian in town now is called piloni's. North Lafayette, near fort Harrison, run by a guy who was trained by pino before he died.

I've been busy all day and just saw this, but I can give you recommendations for next time. I'd pass on most of the recommendations in this thread. Rick's is pretty good. Umi is great if you like sushi. Piloni's for Italian. Just say NO to chains.

Top Bottom