Good places to find surplus rifles in Indiana?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BOVindy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2015
    Carmel
    Howdy guys. I was hoping that you guys might be generous enough to help me out. I was wondering if you guys had any information on good places to hunt for surplus rifles, besides the classifieds of course. I was looking at trying to find 2 or 3 rifles in good condition or better, but I'd really prefer at least looking at some in person before I decide to buy. I have 3 models in mind, but as this is not a classified ad, I don't know if I'm allowed to list them. -Thank you for your time. Ben

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Target sports in Sheridan always seems to have a handful of surplus rifles and he is just up the road from us (I'm in Westfield but one street away from Carmel). Bradis is always good for a decent selection. To see a LOT of them in one trip the indy 1500 seldom fails. I'd definitely do your research before going the 1500 route though, I've seen prices range from 'a steal for you' to 'the guy is just looking for a sucker'.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Hi Ben. 19 more quality posts and you can go to the classifieds! Lets face it, a quality post doesn't require 3 sources (not Wikipedia) and at least 200 words. A couple sentences and an appropriate emoji and here ya go.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    I know you said Indiana, but IF you ever happen to be on vacation to Florida or something, AAA Pawn near Orlando is a wonderland of vintage weapons. They must have over 1K guns on display, and just browsing around is a real good time.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    I know you said Indiana, but IF you ever happen to be on vacation to Florida or something, AAA Pawn near Orlando is a wonderland of vintage weapons. They must have over 1K guns on display, and just browsing around is a real good time.

Do you mean AAA Gun & pawn In Deland Fl.... OMG... that place is the one of the most High Price gun shops in the World... May even make Don's guns seem like a bargain basement sale... they do have the guns and its a heck of a visual display but the prices... They sell under the name Pawnman on gunbroker so you can see their pricing and some of their inventory.​

BOVindy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2015
    Carmel
    Thanks for your advice guys. I went to go check out Bradis today. They had quite a few mosins, a few m47s and an m48, and a few pre-31 schmidt-rubin guns. Unfortunately the two or three guns I had in mind weren't present, with the exception of one that was in pretty rough shape. Oh well, I got to fondle some other beauties while I was there, so it wasn't a loss.

Gary119

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2015
    Southern Indiana
    With no ill intentions, but to set the record straight. Bradis has Mosin Nagant 91/30, M44. Mauser M48, Swiss 1911 Carbine, and Swiss 1911 Infantry.

If you can get there when they are open, Four Seasons Gun Shop in Bloomington has a large selection of military surplus rifles. They sell on GunBroker.

What are you looking for?

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    If you want to go to the best Surplus Firearms shop in the state (probably the MidWest) you want to go to Fall City Firearms in Clarksville Indiana..

The main problem with the shop is you must drop in there alot, because the owner prices things so darn low they sell fast... I have seen guns go into the store and be sold to a new owner within 15 mins.. The guy who works there is pretty darn knowledgeable about surplus arms and history.. So when you drop in there, plan to hang around a couple of hours because its like the TV Show "Cheers" there are always people coming in there to just talk guns and history...

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    Hi Ben please feel free to ignore the 50 post Nazi's around here!

Now for as the surplus bug, when it bites it can sting, but in a good way. As far as the LGS's go, many will have one or two rifles in the racks. I have only seen two shops in the Indy area and one nice little shop in Clarksville carry a decent amount of mil-surps. The best advice I can give you is you have to put miles on your vehicle. You got to travel to gun shows, estate sales and auctions. Search the gun auction sites and many gun forums online. If the C&R bug is really bad get yourself an 03 FFL. I wish you the best of luck and happy hunting.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Do you mean AAA Gun & pawn In Deland Fl.... OMG... that place is the one of the most High Price gun shops in the World... May even make Don's guns seem like a bargain basement sale... they do have the guns and its a heck of a visual display but the prices... They sell under the name Pawnman on gunbroker so you can see their pricing and some of their inventory.​

Haha that's the one! I couldn't speak to their prices, which may be high... But it sure is fun to look!

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Haha that's the one! I couldn't speak to their prices, which may be high... But it sure is fun to look!

I do agree with you there... The building is built like a bunker that you can close up at night... guns & critters hanging from the ceilings... Now to be fair, have read people talking about the poor service of the place... But I attribute that to the staff has to somehow weed out the Gawkers from the spenders..

X9bHZ37.jpg

o.jpg

Top Bottom