• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    So I know it's cliche, but it seems like most gun owners are dog owners. If you got multiple dogs or think long term like me you may be interested. It's basically 3 years worth for a single dog as I use it May-August.

Frontline plus 12-Pack 108.95, Use the coupon code "Email" and it'll save you money off shipping and taxes. Grand total was $113 Compared to $40 for 3 at walmart or $65 for 6 at Amazon.
    12 Month Frontline Plus For Large Dogs Purple - FLLD12 - Frontline Plus Flea and Tick Medication - ThePetOnline.com

Anyway, thought I'd pass it along if anyone was interested.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Thriftyvet.com is even cheaper. It's only $89.99 + $6 for shipping for 12 months. That's where I get mine. Frontline Plus for the dogs and Advantage for the cats.

Frontline Plus Flea & Tick for Dogs 45 to 88 lbs (12 Months)

Just a heads up for everyone, the ticks are already out in Wayne Co.. I took my mom's dog for a walk today and she had a tick on her by the time we got back. We had walked through some tall grass and near the woods but not in them. Customers at the vet clinic have also mentioned seeing ticks.

nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    Thriftyvet.com is even cheaper. It's only $89.99 + $6 for shipping for 12 months. That's where I get mine. Frontline Plus for the dogs and Advantage for the cats.

Frontline Plus Flea & Tick for Dogs 45 to 88 lbs (12 Months)

Just a heads up for everyone, the ticks are already out in Wayne Co.. I took my mom's dog for a walk today and she had a tick on her by the time we got back. We had walked through some tall grass and near the woods but not in them. Customers at the vet clinic have also mentioned seeing ticks.

Thanks for the reminder GunGirl .... needed to order supply for this year and forgot I even had the ThriftyVet account. The "kids" will be protected now.

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    You guys shoud try Trifexis. Treats fleas, heartworms and certain internal parasites. Awesome stuff

Have a friend who is a vet tech, she recommended I not use this, or any other "all in one" product. Too many potential issues, plus it doesn't work as well as the separate products.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I've been working for the last few weekends to clear brush on some property I own and have encountered several ticks.

I wish they had this stuff for people....well, it bothers my wife more than me.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    You guys shoud try Trifexis. Treats fleas, heartworms and certain internal parasites. Awesome stuff

Advantage Multi does the same thing too. It is a topical preventative for fleas, ticks, heartworms, hookworms, roundworms and whipworms. Just make sure that you have a heartworm test first if your pet is not already on a monthly heartworm preventative. For cats Advantage Multi also prevents ear mites.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Have a friend who is a vet tech, she recommended I not use this, or any other "all in one" product. Too many potential issues, plus it doesn't work as well as the separate products.

The vet clinic I work at quit carrying Trifexis because they consider it to be dangerous. I don't know the whole story just that we no longer carry it.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Did you know that tapeworms are caused by your pet eating an infected flea? This is the only way to get it. Just another reason to keep your pets protected against fleas.

If your pet has the rice looking worms in their feces you need to treat for fleas and then for the worms. Virbantel is one of the wormers we use for it.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jstan
    Top Bottom