><(((((*>
    CpEAVOsVMAYLG8K.jpg

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Many of you are acting like this will make some kind of difference in how the news is reported. Um. No.

Anyhoo, as for wanting to get rid of him, more like in today's environment, they can't look the other way anymore and if they do and it's found out, they will be skewered. I'm pretty sure they were not anxious to get rid of him.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Disappointed by the chorus of, "His political persuasion is not mine, therefore it's OK to fire him for dubious reasons!"

Not the first time on INGO.

I'm reserving my judgement until more details surface.

So, we taking bets on who's the first INGO mod to get fired for sexual harassment?

Show me on the doll where CM touched you.
    south-park-s10e01c03-molestation-demonstration-4x3.jpg

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    As HoughMade points out, this will make no difference. The talking heads on the teevee will still blurt out what managements deems important. He will be replaced by someone with similar views.

His departure makes not one whit of difference to me. I do not watch any TV news, where they purport to tell you everything you need to know about a subject or event in 45 seconds, slanted toward their views.

I did have to watch Lauer on Thanksgiving, as the wife and in-laws wanted to watch the parade. Tiny sacrifices to "insure domestic Tranquility," as it mandates in the Constitution!

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Disappointed by the chorus of, "His political persuasion is not mine, therefore it's OK to fire him for dubious reasons!"

Not the first time on INGO.

I'm reserving my judgement until more details surface.

So, we taking bets on who's the first INGO mod to get fired for sexual harassment?

Show me on the doll where CM touched you.
    south-park-s10e01c03-molestation-demonstration-4x3.jpg

And then you'll have to undergo some training from this guy:
    hqdefault.jpg

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I was going to use the term "witch hunt", though "warlock hunt" may be more proper.

However, I don't know the truth behind any of these allegations. None of us do. If what is going on with Lauer is the result of improper stuff he actually did, fine.

I fear that we are reinforcing the oft inaccurate position that accusers would never lie and one unproven allegation is enough to ruin someone. As with many things, we seem to be on a swinging pendulum, never quite resting in the middle. The Weinstein stuff looks like people ignoring and covering up, now we're swinging to the opposite extreme.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I couldn't care less if he's guilty or innocent nor do I care whether his politics agree with mine. I'm glad he's gone because I'd prefer to have folks presenting the "news" in an unbiased fashion and he's proven quite incapable. Let him go start a talk show I won't watch, he obviously has zero respect for what was supposed to be his profession.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I couldn't care less if he's guilty or innocent nor do I care whether his politics agree with mine. I'm glad he's gone because I'd prefer to have folks presenting the "news" in an unbiased fashion and he's proven quite incapable. Let him go start a talk show I won't watch, he obviously has zero respect for what was supposed to be his profession.

As will be the person who takes his place.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    As will be the person who takes his place.

I'm sure you are correct and I'll giggle if they get canned as well, regardless of the reason. Actually I hope it's Megan Kelly, anything that might speed up the process of getting her off of television would be fine by me.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I was going to use the term "witch hunt", though "warlock hunt" may be more proper.

However, I don't know the truth behind any of these allegations. None of us do. If what is going on with Lauer is the result of improper stuff he actually did, fine.

I fear that we are reinforcing the oft inaccurate position that accusers would never lie and one unproven allegation is enough to ruin someone. As with many things, we seem to be on a swinging pendulum, never quite resting in the middle. The Weinstein stuff looks like people ignoring and covering up, now we're swinging to the opposite extreme.

Says the lawyer.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    to can him so quickly suggests bad stuff IMO

Maybe it is a knee-jerk reaction borne out of the hysteria of the last few weeks. But I tend to agree with you. For them to fire their golden boy so quickly, their must have been video or something. There was no time to look into it.

Top Bottom