• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I bought a Remington 597 awhile back and have been super busy since then. These next few weekends I'll actually have time to shoot it, which leads to my question/favor. Is anyone out there willing to go with this noob on some weekend and teach/help me zero my rifle? I'd prefer to do it on a private range, that way I don't have to try to listen over ear plugs and 50 other people shooting, but we can also hit a range if you'd rather do that. I will gladly provide a little ammo for you to shoot your gun or possibly grab lunch to repay the favor. I know it's a lot to ask, but I can't read and learn/I'm a hands on guy.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    If nobody responds, you could check with ATM to see if there is an Appleseed somewhere. They are VERY good at helping folks learn not just how to sight in a long gun, but how to properly do pretty much EVERYTHING else with it too. Just a suggestion. I went to my first one here recently and it was a blast.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    No, I'm mostly central Indiana. The furthest north I normally go is Fishers. I wouldn't be opposed to it though to meet some new people and go shooting. The closest rifle range to me is about 30-45 minutes away.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I have access to a private range, in my brothers front yard. It's only 50 yards, but we could get you zero'd there. I also have access to a private shooting club. Here we have access to 100, 200, and 300 yard ranges, as well as falling plates, IDPA set-up, and the list goes on...

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I'm a member @ MCF&G & would be willing to go there with you. While it's not private, a lot of times there aren't many folks there.

x2. A lot of times during the week there might be a handful of people there and then all will leave and I'm there all by my lonesome. I shoot my 22s there more and more as the weather gets better.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I have access to a private range, in my brothers front yard. It's only 50 yards, but we could get you zero'd there. I also have access to a private shooting club. Here we have access to 100, 200, and 300 yard ranges, as well as falling plates, IDPA set-up, and the list goes on...

ME ME ME!!!!! I need to zero my new CZ 527 Varmint in 223! Also have some USGI rifles, (03s, M1s, M1As, ARs) I need to shoot. :D

adam

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Noblesville
    I bought a Remington 597 awhile back and have been super busy since then. These next few weekends I'll actually have time to shoot it, which leads to my question/favor. Is anyone out there willing to go with this noob on some weekend and teach/help me zero my rifle? I'd prefer to do it on a private range, that way I don't have to try to listen over ear plugs and 50 other people shooting, but we can also hit a range if you'd rather do that. I will gladly provide a little ammo for you to shoot your gun or possibly grab lunch to repay the favor. I know it's a lot to ask, but I can't read and learn/I'm a hands on guy.

I would be more than happy to help you zero as well as let you shoot for a while with me. We can go from 0 to 100+ yards if you would like. Will you have a scope on the rifle or just irons?

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    If nothing works out for you, I could meet you at Atterbury. Go early, and it's slow. I had a 597 at one time, so no problem sighting one in.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    You can come to the swap meet thats about 15 minutes east of indy this saturday. Ill be there and the range will be open. Ill teach you everything you need to know.

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    this is why i love this forum. there are so many people willing to help each other out.
    btw +1 for appleseed. they will not only help you zero it, they will teach you the hows and whys as part of their course of instruction. plus you get some great history and some great instruction on proper shooting positions (not saying you dont know what you are doing, im sure you do, but EVERYONE could use a little bit of help in a fun environment to get better).

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    this is why i love this forum. there are so many people willing to help each other out.
    btw +1 for appleseed. they will not only help you zero it, they will teach you the hows and whys as part of their course of instruction. plus you get some great history and some great instruction on proper shooting positions (not saying you dont know what you are doing, im sure you do, but EVERYONE could use a little bit of help in a fun environment to get better).
    :+1: and rep to everyone that stepped up to offer help in this thread. Very cool. :yesway:

I would've done the same but i'm just a bit to far away for a meet-up. Good luck sighting in the rifle OP.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I definitely am going to do an Appleseed this summer, but the one this weekend is sold out. Minuteman, will I need a bipod? I've got a scope and am picking up a bipod sometime soon.

Top Bottom