• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • columbusprepper

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    looking for a good scope for my 12 gauge. The only thing i'm interested in is for a scope that is very durable and the sights don't misadjust if i drop my shotgun, or remove the scope.

any suggestions?

columbusprepper

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    anyone?

i saw a video of a handgun sight that they used the top to hammer a nail in a piece of wood. looking for a hard, tough, scope. that even when you remove it, the sights are still their and you dont have to adjust again.

this is for a 12 gauge single shotgun

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    anyone?

i saw a video of a handgun sight that they used the top to hammer a nail in a piece of wood. looking for a hard, tough, scope. that even when you remove it, the sights are still their and you dont have to adjust again.

this is for a 12 gauge single shotgun

Sorry about that, I missed you posting a price range. Ive seen, and been hired by optics companies to be the one using the scope as a hammer.

Just to be honest, you are not going to get the ultimate in durability for 100-300 bucks. The materials used to make those scopes cost more money than the the materials used to product 100-300 dollar scope.

That said, you wont have a issue finding a scope in that price range that will easily take 12ga recoil. The detach, and return to zero is a a function of the rings/base. It has nothing at all (not even a little bit) to do with the scope. The rings/base that actually return to zero are not cheap either. A lot of companies claim "return to zero" but the word "zero" has no numeric value, so the company's idea of "zero" and yours/mine might be 2 diffrent things.

Im going to make the assumption that the 12ga is a deer gun (correct me if Im wrong). Based on the average deer gun ranges, and requirements this will be as tough as you get in your price range, and still be a good deer scope.

Vortex Optics - Diamondback 2-7x35 Dead-Hold BDC

I sell the above scope for 189, wich leaves you room in your budget for QD rings that return to zero within 1-2 MOA. The rings are the Warne Maxima QD rings priced at 69 dollars.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    42769Vette, I am leaving this totally to you. I used to sell retail, this inquiry is why I no longer deal with retail customers.

I am sure you can find a way to totally satisfy this end users impossible requirements. Just hope that he never drops his $100 shotgun.........Cuz he will blame you if the scope is knocked off zero.

:):

Top Bottom