• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nacelle

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2015
    Muncie
    I'd have shot the guy too if he followed me to my house, got out of his car, and charged at me. Although I would have never driven home if I knew someone was following me. I'd have lost him in some backstreets. He was pulling a trailer. He would have never kept up with me. Hope this guy doesn't get convinced of anything. Good shoot from listening to the 911 calls. Shouldn't have held the family unless they were threatening him though.
    http://m.nydailynews.com/news/crime/fla-man-killed-front-family-road-rage-clash-article-1.2305371

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    Good shoots are rarely followed by holding women and small children at gun point.

Nobody was in grave danger till the gun was pulled. The shooter is in hot water.

Nacelle

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2015
    Muncie
    I agree. What followed the shoot was not good. The deceased looked like a big guy. He already proved to be dangerous by trying to run them off the road, according to the audio.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Doyle’s wife picked up her husband’s phone and explained what happened to the dispatcher: "I don't know how many times he shot, but it was multiple times. The guy kept charging at him,” she said.

The shooter may have been justified in defending himself but based on his other stupid acts I am not sure we have the full story.

Just had some moron stop his car in the middle of the road and get out because he thought he had been flipped off. Really? You're is such a big friggin' hurry you have to try and squeeze me off the road yet you have time to stop and get out of your car. I had my hand on my holster as the blowhard's wife calmed him down.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Good shoots are rarely followed by holding women and small children at gun point.
    True, but in the adrenaline rush of being followed, charged, and then shooting in self-defense he may not have been thinking rationally. I don't know that he truly held them hostage, sounds to me like he prevented them from approaching the deceased. Who knows? The deceased may have had a gun on him (just not drawn) and they were trying to get to it to inflict revenge on him? They were pretty distraught and it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility...

Nobody was in grave danger till the gun was pulled. The shooter is in hot water.
    I will disagree with that; when a large male, already acting aggressively, follows you home and then charges you in your front yard you're most certainly in danger. I think the thing that will sink the shooter is his comments to the dispatcher about "I'm going to put my gun to his head etc etc."

Before even knowing the situation would play out where he would be forced to defend himself he verbalized his intent to act aggressively toward the deceased. Those words can't be taken back and they will speak loudly to a jury... no matter if the shoot was good or not (I think it very likely the shoot itself, examined by itself would be considered good)...

mkgr22

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2010
    Starlight, IN
    I agree. What followed the shoot was not good. The deceased looked like a big guy. He already proved to be dangerous by trying to run them off the road, according to the audio.

No, the shooter said the other driver tried to run him off the road. No proof of that yet in the story.

This guy is toast. And it's another story for the Moms group to whine about.

Nacelle

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2015
    Muncie
    Telling the cops you're going to shoot someone is never a good idea, no matter what is happening. Only after the fact do you tell than you had to do so.

Nacelle

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2015
    Muncie
    Anyone else notice the bias of the headline of the article? "Fla. man killed in front of family during road rage clash" instead of something like "Man defends himself from road raged attacker"

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Well, the independent witness lends some measure of objectivity to the investigation, but as to the "shot in the back" issue, I'm reminded of Massad Ayoob's explanation of how fast a person can turn compared to the reaction time inherent in choosing to fire. Essentially, a person can turn quickly enough that he was facing you and presenting a threat when the process of firing begins, but be turned enough to look like "shot in the back" by the time the bullets get there.

That being said, there are a lot of facts here and though I'll stick with my "to early to tell" opinion, if that last report was accurate, it's going to be a very tough defense.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Yeah, agreed with Hough about wanting the full story, but the words and actions of the shooter don't help his case one bit.

“My gun is already out. It’s cocked and locked,” he said. “The gun's coming out, and I'm going to put it to his (beep) head,"

Not exactly the best thing to say.
    Also, how sensible was it to drive all the way to his house with the irate driver right behind him?
    This guy is in some real trouble, and it really irritates me that this gets added to the very thin ledger of cases of questionable (likely criminal) shootings from someone carrying legally.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Yeah, agreed with Hough about wanting the full story, but the words and actions of the shooter don't help his case one bit.

“My gun is already out. It’s cocked and locked,” he said. “The gun's coming out, and I'm going to put it to his (beep) head,"

Not exactly the best thing to say.
    Also, how sensible was it to drive all the way to his house with the irate driver right behind him?
    This guy is in some real trouble, and it really irritates me that this gets added to the very thin ledger of cases of questionable (likely criminal) shootings from someone carrying legally.

Agreed. It appears that there was plenty of idiocy to go around- I feel pretty confident in making that call without further facts. I'll also add that it looks really, really bad for the shooter, but ultimately, there are conflicting reports and I don't know the people involved, so I can't choose who to believe...at this point.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    That would not get the necessary attention to have it run across the news and be exploited and ran again and again until every drama mama and the like ran it thru social media ... sorry I may have exaggerated that a little, you all know that would never happen:rolleyes:

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    What a sad story.

Why did he drive home?

Why did he leave his car instead of drive away?

I don't see this ending well for him, or for gun owners anywhere.

Nacelle

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2015
    Muncie
    Getting shot in the back wasn't in the initial report. I certainly withdraw any claim that it was a good shoot. Calling them retards would be an insult to all the real retards out there. Err... mentally challenged individuals.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    The shooter was not able to articulate to the police or show evidence that he was in fear of death or serious bodily injury. He has been charged for the shooting and holding the family. He will get another chance in front of a judge or jury.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    If you're that close to your house, you obviously know the area. If a potentially agressive individual is following you drive to the nearest police station/substation

Top Bottom