• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    I was perusing the vastness of the internet and stumbled upon what I thought would be a decent start or addition to SHTF preparedness: 1 Sale A Day, Daily Deal

This sale ends on 6-29-2009 at 23:59 so get 'em while you can!

Here's a description of the contents:
    Light Power and Communication

Contains three no-battery, no-AC power essentials:

• Shaker Flashlight
    • Hand Powered Radio with Flashlight
    • Hand Powered Cell Phone Charger

Tools, Supplies, Food and Water

• 12-function Multi-Tool – Pliers, knives, Screwdrivers and more
    • Emergency Food – Ready-to-eat meal packages. Each vacuum-sealed package has a 5-year shelf life
    • Emergency Water Packets
    • Main Line Gas Shut-Off Tool
    • Duct Tape, Work Gloves
    • Heavy-Duty Nylon Rope

First Aid Kit

• Adhesive Bandages 3/8"x 1 1/2"
    • Adhesive Bandages 3/4" x 3"
    • Butterfly Closure Bandages
    • Elastic Wrap 3"
    • Knuckle Bandages
    • Adhesive Tape (1 "x 5 yds)
    • Triangular Bandage
    • Cotton Tip Applicators
    • Finger Splints
    • First Aid Instruction Guide
    • Eye Pads
    • Sterile Sponge Dressings 2" x 2" (2 in one pack)
    • Sterile Sponge Dressings 4" x 4" (2 in one pack)
    • Gauze Roll 2" x 4.1 yds.
    • Examination Gloves
    • Instant Ice Pack
    • Tweezer
    • Scissors
    • Burn Cream Packets
    • Antibacterial Ointment Packets
    • Alcohol Prep Pads
    • Hydrogen Peroxide Spray Pump 2 oz.
    • Tissue Packs

Protection

• Thermal Blankets
    • Rain Ponchos
    • Dust Masks
    • 3-in-1 Whistle/Compass/Thermometer
    • Trash Bags

Personal Items

• Pill Organizer
    • Ballpoint Pen
    • Pad of Paper
    • Door Hook
    • Playing Cards

Bonus: Plastic Sheeting, Homeland Security Handbook & ReadyQwik User Manual

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I'd say so. I may just look into that. I've got alot of it, but wouldn't be a bad thing to have a bag already done up for that cheap. Although I'm sure the quality of the goods is gonna be pretty low grade.

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    I'd say so. I may just look into that. I've got alot of it, but wouldn't be a bad thing to have a bag already done up for that cheap. Although I'm sure the quality of the goods is gonna be pretty low grade.
    It's hard to tell :dunno: This thing is $125 directly from the manufacturer and $85 on Amazon.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Wait a tick. This thing retails for 199 and this site is selling for 19.99? Never even heard of this site, is it legit? It looks pretty compact. At the very least it provides the bags to put your own stuff into. Might make a good car bag.

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    Wait a tick. This thing retails for 199 and this site is selling for 19.99? Never even heard of this site, is it legit? It looks pretty compact. At the very least it provides the bags to put your own stuff into. Might make a good car bag.
    I've ordered from this sight before without issues. I received my item within 2 weeks.

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    Oh, well in that case it may be one heck of a deal! I may look into that more tomorrow
    Well the only problem with waiting until tomorrow is that the sale ends at midnight and you'll have to purchase it elsewhere for at least $50 more. I just did a little poking around and some people haven't had a lot of luck with this site. You're not going to hurt my feelings if you choose not to order :)

hountzmj

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    SE Indiana
    Just seems to good to be true to me.

Then again if someone has nothing at all this would be a step in the right direction of creating a BOB and prepping in general.

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    I ordered two, I guess we will see. My wifey thinks I am too worried about stuff like this but we all know better. Some of the stuff I will take out as it will likely be unusable or will be for things she need not be doing. Like shutting off gas lines, not that she can't but we don't have gas at our house and I would prefer she not intervene in someone else's personal problems... the only way it is acceptable if it immediately dangers her and the kids.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    I ordered two as well. Hoped I did not just get ripped off. Don't expect the stuff to be top of the line but I would like to be able to say it was money well spent.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Its now sold out. I'm not surprised. Maybe I should of ordered one sooner. But oh well, I have most of the stuff already anyways, just need to bag it all up, lol.

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    I ordered two as well. Hoped I did not just get ripped off. Don't expect the stuff to be top of the line but I would like to be able to say it was money well spent.
    Expect a couple weeks on shipping. Your not getting it tomorrow for that cheap. Let us know on the quality and if they would be worth the MSRP once you get them.

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    Expect a couple weeks on shipping. Your not getting it tomorrow for that cheap. Let us know on the quality and if they would be worth the MSRP once you get them.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Got mine today. I'd say the money was worth it. I like the set up of the bags. There is also room to add more to customize. Thanks lawrra for posting the link.

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    Got mine today. I'd say the money was worth it. I like the set up of the bags. There is also room to add more to customize. Thanks lawrra for posting the link.
    You're welcome, sir.

And to indysafe, I've ordered from them once without an issue. I've read all the horror stories about them, but if a price does seem too good to be true I would look elsewhere.

Jed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2008
    Dang I missed the :
    • Pill Organizer
    • Ballpoint Pen
    • Pad of Paper
    • Door Hook
    • Playing Cards
    Not to mention the • 3-in-1 Whistle/Compass/Thermometer
    I sure hope I can make it if the SHTF.....lol....
    Seriously people you think this is a "good" kit??? this list has almost none of the items you would need in a real emergency... unless you cut your finger waiting for the man to show up.....

Top Bottom