• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oldbird13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    Hamilton County,IN
    I recently acquired an older German (Simson) .22 rifle and need to have a person with very good tig welder skills do a repair. Any suggestions/recommendations? Thank you. Oldbird13

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    I tig, but I'm definitely not the insured to weld on a firearm.
    What is it Sir you need done ?

Depending on what needs to be done alot of firearm repairs that need a Tig are gennerally done by companys that do Micro welding. Like a cracked slide or frame. A dovetail that has been cracked or broken..
    Some gunsmiths can Tig..

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    I tig, but I'm definitely not the insured to weld on a firearm.

I'm a Tig welder by trade I don't even weld on my own guns. too much liability.

I turned a good friend of mine away for a simple pin/weld flash hider job on his 14.5" barrel. It's already been drilled and aligned, only gonna take me 2 seconds to make a tack, but I just don't want to deal with it.

He ended up getting it done with a mig at a muffler shop.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I'm a Tig welder by trade I don't even weld on my own guns. too much liability.

I turned a good friend of mine away for a simple pin/weld flash hider job on his 14.5" barrel. It's already been drilled and aligned, only gonna take me 2 seconds to make a tack, but I just don't want to deal with it.

He ended up getting it done with a mig at a muffler shop.

Ouch.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Yep.. I have people all the time get angry that I will not weld their equipment , junk , trucks or whatever back together. Or the Guy that just shows up with a greasy cast iron transmission case and expect you to stop and fix that pos that they have tried to weld and cant figure out how to do it correctly. And expects you to work for a hour and a half for 20 bucks.. Once you start doing that stuff, its then never ending. LOLOL... Sorry not interested, rolls right off my tongue..
    And if they insist, nope my insurance doesn't cover me doing that.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Hahahahaha.. And you gotta wonder, why would the muffler shop put themselves in that position ? For what 10 - 20 bucks.. No thanks..

Muffler shops don't turn down anything. If you are brave enough to take your care there getting a head gasket job done, they will get it done.

Top Bottom