• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    I have a friend who is looking for a 1911. He wants to trade his 10-22.

His rifle: Bolt pinned and radiuses
    Tier 3 Brimstone trigger job, 2.5 lb pull
    Green Mountain 20" bull barrel
    BSA Sweet 17 Scope
    Boyd Evolution stock
    Kidd charging handle
    Polished action
    Polished Tulley scope mounts
    Barrel block

What I have to offer in trade is an FB Radom type three. All original afaik, one magazine, brown original grips. I hate to sell a gun, but to trade even up is a possibility. Also, i'm finding it hard to figure the value of my Radom since there are several types, and of course a better condition pistol is worth more.

So would you make this trade or not? He is asking $875 for his 10-22.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    I have a friend who is looking for a 1911. He wants to trade his 10-22.

His rifle: Bolt pinned and radiuses
    Tier 3 Brimstone trigger job, 2.5 lb pull
    Green Mountain 20" bull barrel
    BSA Sweet 17 Scope
    Boyd Evolution stock
    Kidd charging handle
    Polished action
    Polished Tulley scope mounts
    Barrel block

What I have to offer in trade is an FB Radom type three. All original afaik, one magazine, brown original grips. I hate to sell a gun, but to trade even up is a possibility. Also, i'm finding it hard to figure the value of my Radom since there are several types, and of course a better condition pistol is worth more.

:dunno:
    Sooooo.....yer pistol's only worth 175?.......bout all'at rifle's worth......

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Value is in the eye of the beholder. Are you willing to part with your 1911 in order to get his 10/22? If so anything else is irrelevant and you should go for it.

I agree that price is a bit salty for a 10/22 but you arent BUYING his 10/22 for that price. If you want his 10/22 and he wants your 1911 then go for it!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Im not sure the haters totally have their heads wrapped around this gun as built. Then again, They may not appreciate a gun thats been tweaked.

I just built this gun on paper per your specs and im at $837 not including shipping. So at least on paper, your guy isnt blatantly ripping you off. :dunno:

My original statement of "if you and he both want the other's toy more than your own, go for it. "still stands.

Win52C

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Lawrence County
    Trade him. I'd rather have a custom built 10/22, even though it wasn't your custom build. Than a Radom any day. Lol. It's the lesser of two evils :)

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    If you are in love with the 10/22, I say go for it.

I wouldn't do it trying to make a buck - it is hard to sell custom things for what you have in them.

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    The Radom is based on a 1911.
    From what he told me, he upgraded a 10-22 and will give me all the parts he replaced. So it would be like one and a half guns...
    I have a 1969 model 10-22 in good condition. I just would like to keep it original because of it's age.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in

Asking, and getting it 2 diffrrent things. His 10-22 is worth 500 bucks on a good day.

He must be adding "gunsmithing fee's", and you cant really do that with a rifle that doesn't require a gunsmith to build.

top hat 45

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    northern shelby co.
    a custom built 10-22 can never recoup the money that was put into. especially with a green mountain barrel. that being said i've got 4 10-22's with between 1k and 2k in each. with douglass, lilja, kidd, and many more high quality mfgr's they will beat 95% of all other 22's. doubt me??? ask alan (aaoptics) or dave (lovemywoods) when they watched missyb shoot them.

as far as trade i would decide how bad you want that other gun.

Hogwylde

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Moved to Tucson, AZ
    Im not sure the haters totally have their heads wrapped around this gun as built. Then again, They may not appreciate a gun thats been tweaked.I just built this gun on paper per your specs and im at $837 not including shipping. So at least on paper, your guy isnt blatantly ripping you off.

No matter how much the guy has invested "on paper", the point is that it's a 10-22......investing $837 just makes is a really expensive 10-22 that won't do any more (or less) that a $200 10-22.

Top Bottom