Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Jack and Jill live a good life
    SHTF and all the mopes come and ruin it for them
    Jack and Jill wasted their time
    The world will suck no matter how hard your try

The synopsis makes me think it's a 'Why bother with being prepared' lesson.
    I know what you mean. You could be the most prepared SOB on the planet, and some moron gets lucky, drops you as you walk around a corner, and he takes all your crap you saved up. :dunno:

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    I watched this on netflix when I was on the road week before last. What a waste of time! This movie sucked. The end result message is, you don't need guns or individualism. You need to work together for the good of the collective.

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    Saw it a few weeks ago. Liked that the guy had some decent preps, but managed to not have any guns to protect the preps. Too much drama for my liking but it wasn't a complete waste of time.

PapaScout

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 30, 2008
    Live in Wilbur, Work in Indy
    I watched this on netflix when I was on the road week before last. What a waste of time! This movie sucked. The end result message is, you don't need guns or individualism. You need to work together for the good of the collective.

I do think you need a collective to survive. You just gotta pick your collection... Not a great movie but entertaining.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    Also caught this on netflix last week. My wife LOL'd through half of it, then decided to go read instead. Really slow and unnecessarily convoluted. Everyone, at one time or another, slept with everyone else, and now they're all edgy about it. A half dozen hippy types + a token conservative. Without giving away any more details, I can say that there were more facepalm moments than insightful moments.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Watched it last night on Netflix, Not bad for a B movie. Some promising teaching Moments, don't tell about your Preps, choose your friends wisely and have methods to protect from Invaders.

Bisbobble

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Carmel/Zionsville
    My wife and I watched this on Netflix the other night. It had it's moments, but when the credits rolled, we were a little "..huh?" I would say it's worth a watch if you don't have to pay much, if anything. What we found most interesting was the California/Hollywood take on how to survive when the time comes. Very idealistic, not very practical.

Top Bottom