• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    He has issued other "questionable" EO's. I wouldn't put it past him. It wouldn't have much meaning, if he did. The manufacturers would just wait him out.

In discussing any Executive Order BO has issued, it is well to remember this: those orders are permanent, until a future President undoes them. So, it is then good to ask:

Precisely when is the next Republican President going to be elected? It ain't on my radar screen.

Remember - no President can ever _really_ become a lame duck, until after the mid-term elections of his final term in office. If Obama loses the Senate...it's a safe bet the excrement is going to fly, in some form.

Do I see him mandating biometric technology? Maybe not. Do I see him directing agencies to allocate a wad of cash to "studying" it? Hell yes. And today's Executive Branch studies generate tomorrow's Left Wing talking points.

I wouldn't put it past BO to mandate something with regard to the technology, just as a future gift to Hillary Clinton, so she can be a hero to Labor Unions by repealing it right before her first midterm election. "See, the gun issue isn't as black and white as the NRA portrays it," the Unions will say. "Hillary did something good for gun owners, and Bloomberg is a REPUBLICAN," they will add! "It just goes to show you," they will say: "Both sides are to blame, and neither side is totally right or wrong on this issue."

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Big civil rights lawsuit if Obama did this. Might have the power to demand that all guns used by the federal government have this technology. Doubt that he could force local or state LEOs to have it. Even less power to demand that private citizens have it. Can't write laws.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    Ill just stick to old guns...

I urge you to reconsider this position. Indeed, this is exactly the divisive sort of tactics that the leftists have employed for years. By attacking only NEW GUN BUYERS they hope to get something like this passed because existing gun owners will say "this doesn't affect me." But the plan is to dry up the supply of guns one way or the other.

It's my firmly held belief that ONLY CONGRESS has the power to make laws and the administration is legally able ONLY to enforce existing law. So once again the Obama administration is overstepping its authority. But our wimpy Congress lets them do it over and over again.

One thing that I find promising is that some states are starting to wake up to the threat to their sovereignty and are pushing back. I'm hoping to see this trend continue and hope that it's not too late.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Like the microstamping, somebody makes these things and is paying a dc law/lobby firm to push it. Maybe the company is from chicago.

Top Bottom