• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    It's already beginning. The pullback from repealing Obamacare. Like roaches fleeing from the light the gop is already scattering and rethinking their strategy in their efforts to make sure they get re-elected. All talk, no action. That's today's gop.
    via Fox News

WASHINGTON -- Top Republicans are increasingly worried that GOP candidates this fall might be burned by a fire that's roaring through the conservative base: demand for the repeal of President Barack Obama's new health care law.
    It's fine to criticize the health law and the way Democrats pushed it through Congress without a single GOP vote, these party leaders say. But focusing on its outright repeal carries two big risks.
    Repeal is politically and legally unlikely, and grass-roots activists may feel disillusioned by a failed crusade. More important, say strategists from both parties, a fiercely repeal-the-bill stance might prove far less popular in a general election than in a conservative-dominated GOP primary, especially in states such as Illinois and California.
    Democrats are counting on that scenario. They say more Americans will learn of the new law's benefits over time and anger over its messy legislative pedigree will fade. For months, Democrats have eagerly catalogued Republican congressional candidates who pledge to repeal the health care law, vowing to make them pay in November.
    Republican leaders are stepping cautiously, wary of angering staunchly conservative voters bent on repealing the new law. In recent public comments, they have quietly played down the notion of repealing the law while emphasizing claims that it will hurt jobs, the economy and the deficit.
    Read the rest at the source.

As I've said before, Obamacare is here to stay. The only hope of ridding ourselves of it is through nullification at the state level. The gop is useless and the courts will rule in favour of the government.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I would not have expected them to do so.

If we are lucky they will try to strip the PORK from the bill. But since so many of the GOP members are RINOs it is likely they actually support it. And honestly if John McCain had been elected President then the GOP would have all voted for it.

So if we are lucky, and I mean very very lucky, the GOP will introduce bills that essentially strip out the "Cornhusker Kickback" and the "Louisiana Purchase" and the hundreds of other special deals that were cut to get this monstrosity passed.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    It was a stupid policy to run on as your basis of election. They should be focused on what most of us are against like government size, spending, ethics, Isreal etc.

I know that these are all things that Republicans have pretended to be for but have failed to achieve but it is time for them to listen to America if they want a chance to get their seats back.

ddenny5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Some where in the USA
    It's already beginning. The pullback from repealing Obamacare. Like roaches fleeing from the light the gop is already scattering and rethinking their strategy in their efforts to make sure they get re-elected. All talk, no action. That's today's gop.
    via Fox News

Read the rest at the source.

As I've said before, Obamacare is here to stay. The only hope of ridding ourselves of it is through nullification at the state level. The gop is useless and the courts will rule in favour of the government.
    This is just speculation. I do know some candidates that are running on the platform of repealing this healthcare nightmare. If it does hurt the economy and jobs are lost and make the sitiuation worse than Congress will have no choice to repeal it. I believe it will be repealed in some form i.e. reform the reform so to speak. What the GOP will do is just make changes so that it will not look like the same bill such as doing away with the taxes or allowing states to pullout altogether. Also, if the GOP takes control of the Congress they will not fund this law. This would in fact kill it. It will be changed in some form or another. The question is: what will change and when? We need to keep the fight going.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    This is just speculation. I do know some candidates that are running on the platform of repealing this healthcare nightmare. If it does hurt the economy and jobs are lost and make the sitiuation worse than Congress will have no choice to repeal it. I believe it will be repealed in some form i.e. reform the reform so to speak. What the GOP will do is just make changes so that it will not look like the same bill such as doing away with the taxes or allowing states to pullout altogether. Also, if the GOP takes control of the Congress they will not fund this law. This would in fact kill it. It will be changed in some form or another. The question is: what will change and when? We need to keep the fight going.

The GOP will cave as soon as the Dems say the GOP is cutting healthcare for children and seniors.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    its all a dance. the GOP compromised behind closed doors to get the dems to vote through something they want of theirs. and yes im sure november has a big part in it. if obamacare ended today, most americans woould totaly forget about it by the time november came around. IDIOT AMERICAN PEOPLE ARE TO BLAME BEFORE ANYONE ELSE.

- a 3 year old will push every button you have to see where they can get away with something.
    - a tiger will kill a lamb if you put it in his cage.
    - a dinosaur on the jurrasic park movie will test his fence perimeter to find a weakness for a possible escape. <<< ah, snuck that one in didnt i, :)
    -politicians will do as much as they can get away with, even if its trashing your rights. all you have to do is elect them and blink your eyes once. WAKE UP AMERICA, stop sleeping at the wheel.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    its all a dance. the GOP compromised behind closed doors to get the dems to vote through something they want of theirs.

I know this is contrary to the Libertarian fantasy, but the fact of the matter is not a single solitary GOP member of Congress voted for this (with the exception of the initial vote for a confused Republican from LA), neither Senator or Congressman. Every single "Aye" was a Democrat.

There is a distinction between the parties and the American electorate will have a clear choice in November.

Rizzo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    We shouldn't want to elect people who will use the power of the federal government for our benefit. We should want to elect people who will follow the 10th amendment to the constitution and take all the power the federal government has usurped over the last 100 years and give it back to the states and or people respectively.

This is why I will not vote for any incumbent Republican or Democrat. I will only vote for those who will follow the Bill of Rights by impeaching presidents and/or supreme court justices that break their oath to uphold the constitution.

And they must vocally appose the Federal Reserve.

Forget Republican and Democrat. Both parties are bought and corrupt at the national level.

Vote for those who will follow the constitution and protect our God given rights.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    I do not trust any of them to be on the lookout for our general welfare. I was recently satisfied with the senatorial election in Massachusetts only because it gave the republicans a 40th vote. As soon as this new guy opened his mouth, I was disappointed in many of his opinions. Scott Brown is not the staunch conservative that he was touted to be by many of the conservative talk show hosts. Maybe I just did not listen closely enough.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    the politicians need to realize that they arent elected to do their own bidding in congress. or to vote based on their own religious beliefs. they are supposed to vote based on what the majority of the people they represent want and believe in, ONLY AFTER ITS HAS BEEN RUN BY THE CONSTITUTION!!!

yeah we have a clear choise in november all right between democrats and republicans. the choice is: Worse or bad. pretty depressing isnt it!

Rizzo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    Yeah right

There is a distinction between the parties and the American electorate will have a clear choice in November.

you mean the same republicans who had a majority in the house, senate, and had the white house and did what from 2000 to 2008?

Did they balance the budget? NO! Record deficits.

Did they shrink government? NO! they Grew it lager than ever with prescription drug coverage. Sending us deeper and deeper in debt to international bankers and the communist Chinese.

Give power to the states? No usurped more power.. consolidating education power in washington with the no child left behind laws.

Follow the constitution? NO! they passed the traitorous patriot act removing basic rights to lawyers, trial, and searches without a warrant, fought endless wars not declared by a congressional declaration of war, and passed campaign finance reform removing free speech.

there is a clear difference between parties. One is openly liberal and the other pretends to be conservative to win votes but then acts just like the liberal to a slightly less obnoxious degree.

And that is not to mention these same republicans who voted for the moronic bail out. They are all bought and owned just like Obama.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    you mean the same republicans who had a majority in the house, senate, and had the white house and did what from 2000 to 2008?

Great Jumping Jim's Ghost, it's the revisionist, alternative Libertarian history! Move over L. Neil Smith.

The Republicans had the majority in the House until the elections of 2006 until they were fired with cause.

The Republicans did not have a majority in the Senate because of Jumping Jim, who instantly became a media darling. During the elections of 2002 Republicans made gains in the Senate giving them a majority.

Did they balance the budget? NO! Record deficits.

Yes, they did balance the budget and before 9/11 had record surpluses. In fact, one party proposed a balance budget amendment. Now, which party was that?:D

If you think the "deficits" of Bush are bad, then you must be horrified at Obama.

The things you complain about are being addressed in the Republican party. We can make this right and fix the car or sit in the backseat and read L. Neil Smith novels and other comic books and whine that someone else is not fixing the car fast enough.

Hand me a spanner.:D

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    The GOP has a lot of work to do to get their house in order, no question about that.

One thing I'm interested in though when the complaint is all about the GOP how many times have they actually had a majority to do something?

I'm not trying to get them off the hook, because they pretty well screwed the pooch:noway: the last time during the last Bush period.

Rizzo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    L. Neil who?

L. Neil Smith novels and other comic books and whine that someone else is not fixing the car fast enough.

Hand me a spanner.:D

I have never heard of L. Neil Smith and have no idea what you are talking about. I am not sure what comic books have to do with anything or why you think I read them.. . .... and I am not whining.

I am explaining that almost all national republicans are liars and bought out. I am encouraging people to see beyond the confines of a two party system that keeps stealing our freedom while giving lip service to ideals it doesn't follow. ALL INCUMBENTS MUST GO!

People who will follow the 10th amendment to the constitution MUST be elected.

Republicans are not fixing the country. They have shown their propensity for treason in the patriot act, campaign finance reform, bailouts, and redistribution of wealth programs like the prescription drug program.

Who did they put up for president? John McCain .. that alone shows you how the republican party has been lost.

They are part of the problem. They are fascism-lite. I don't want the federal government to control things the republican way. I want the federal government to relinquish it's unconstitutional and usurped authority. More government is not the solution. It is the problem.

I will no longer be fooled by psudo-conservatives, rhinos and faux-news.

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Who realistically thought that was going to happen anyway?

When is the last time a multi jillion dollar government boondoggle got outright discontinued?

smoking357

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Mindin' My Own Business

Of course, they won't repeal it. It's the Republicans' own plan, just a little dusty, being an earlier edition.

Show me the last time the Republicans canceled a governmental agency or repealed a major restriction on Liberty.

smoking357

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Mindin' My Own Business

Yeah, budget-busting on law-and-order pork, war pork, corporate-welfare pork and foreign aid pork.

As opposed to budget-busting on domestic spending pork.

Some choice. It's time to get real, stop wasting votes and start voting Libertarian, that is, if you care about Liberty. We've all seen that many in the two major parties hate that stuff.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    There are a few in the GOP that I hear a tinge of, "Ohhhhhh... yeah... I think I see why the people are mad..." But then a Lindsey Graham or someone like that jumps into the spotlight and mucks it all up.

I do see some sorting of the wheat from the chaff, but I think it is going to be a very slim harvest come election time.

Top Bottom