• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rookie0014

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    kokomo
    I have never been a big pistol guy so need some help with this. I got a ber model 92 fs off of a buddy at work it has a front rail built in to the bottom of the frame. Is this something uncommon for this gun because i went to get a fobus for it and they had to order it because the (gun shop) had never seen one with the rail. plus i must say since then i have been looking and not seen any others with it either? If you need to see it pics are in my album. Thanks

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I have never been a big pistol guy so need some help with this. I got a ber model 92 fs off of a buddy at work it has a front rail built in to the bottom of the frame. Is this something uncommon for this gun

Most Model 92s do not have the accessory rail, but IIRC, the M9A1 and the Vertecs did. From your pics, it looks like you've got a Vertec.

rookie0014

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    kokomo
    ok is the vertec just a add on option or a whole diff model? any idea what it is worth? it is in great shape had 10 rounds thru it when i got it. has less than 100 total now it just sits in the safe. Thanks

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    ok is the vertec just a add on option or a whole diff model? any idea what it is worth? it is in great shape had 10 rounds thru it when i got it. has less than 100 total now it just sits in the safe. Thanks

The Vertecs are a separate subfamily; the action and controls are the same as the 92, but the frame is different (rail on dustcover and straight grip profile).

Not sure on current values; the Vertecs haven't been in production for a few years now. Might check Gunbroker to get an idea.

stmoore

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Indy
    Yup. That is a vertec. Not really rare, but was somewhat of a limited run and is no longer is production. If your gun shop had never seen one before they must not deal in many guns.

The Vertec was made for 1911 fans as the grip is almost identical in shape (as opposed to the traditional 92FS with the rear palm swell).

The M9A1, 92/96G-SD, Elite IIIs, 90-Twos, and Vertec all had rails.

That gun is worth a comfortable $500+ If stainless (Inox) maybe $550+

Nice gun.

Top Bottom