• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rookie0014

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    kokomo
    some one as asked before i'm sure but are spent 22 rimfire cases worth anythig or can you do something usefull with them? Thanks

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    They are worth something for scrap/salvage/recycling purposes - brass brings X amount per pound. What the "X" amount is in the current market, I have no idea. When I was in college, the University gun club would sweep up and save all the .22 cases from their range and take it all in once or twice a year. We shot a lot, so the proceeds would be used to buy new guns and equipment for the club.

You can also turn spent .22 cases into jackets for making .223 bullets.
    Reloading .223 Ammunition

jtmarine1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Lexington, IN
    Spent cases make good targets too!;) When I was younger I spent a lot more time shooting 22s than I do nowadays and I used to spend a lot of rounds shooting at spent cases on top of fence post. Good practice at a challenging target. Maybe that is why I'm not as good of a shot as I used to be.:dunno:

Recycling is your best bet though, you can actually make a small fraction of your cost back. But some centers won't except spent cases so call ahead before you take you brass in, might save you a trip.:)

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    If you really need a new hobby you can buy bullet swaging equipment from Corbin and make .224 bullets for reloading your centerfire cases.

Funny you mention that, I had one before I sold it on THR after I got rid of my .223 stuff. Really nice, durable piece of equipment. Dont try to make a heavy bullet using a .22 mag case though, it jams up where you have to send it back to them.

Good thing is: Its backed up by their great service. I got an email when they recieved the jammed up unit saying "This happens alot, dont worry, just pay return shipping". Good folks and a great unit. Makes little 53gr open tip bullets, great for plinking and cost effective (especially now).

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    some one as asked before i'm sure but are spent 22 rimfire cases worth anythig or can you do something usefull with them? Thanks

They make a decent whistle.

I made an extended mag release for my 10-22 with one.

You can hammer them in to a stump to spell out your name or make your initials.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    Here us a helpful hint from experience. Having one in your shoe and then walking on it, is NOT a good thing.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Forgot I made a button for my mechanical release with an empty 22 short.

IMG_0508.jpg

Top Bottom