• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy Wing Chun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    NE Side of Indy
    Well, I went ahead and purchased an Aimpont H-1. I fell victim to all of esrice's propaganda!:D

I bought a 1-year old, used one and it just came with a low mount. It seems to me that the consensus here is that THE mount to get is the Larue. Am I correct to assume this?

Are there any other mounts to consider that have the same following due to quality and reputation? I'm looking for a QD type mount that will bring the sight to 1/3 cowitness.

What about American Defense Manufacturing? They have a 1-piece model that does this without the use of a spacer.

Help me INGO Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope! ;)

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Well, I went ahead and purchased an Aimpont H-1. I fell victim to all of esrice's propaganda!:D

Fall for some more-- go LaRue. ;)

ADM and some others make good mounts. But there's just something about LaRue mounts. Maybe its their return-to-zero capability. Maybe its the simplicity of their locking QD lever. Maybe its the load of free swag that comes with them. I dunno.

You won't be disappointed.

LaRue Mounts | LaRue Tactical

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I like cowitness the best, because I can zero my iron sites to the red dot (or vice versa) without firing a shot. This is even more important to me when I remove and remount the scope. Never had a problem with the FSP blurring the view, even with a magnified scope.

Indy Wing Chun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    NE Side of Indy
    FINE! You win. :): I ordered the Larue mount today from their website.

I was actually surprised to see that it was much cheaper directly from them than from other online sources. Usually you'll see people offering items cheaper than the manufacturer, but this was not the case.

Oh well, either way my H-1 and mount should be here and ready to go by next week. :rockwoot:

Last edited:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I was actually surprised to see that it was much cheaper directly from them than from other online sources. Usually you'll see people offering items cheaper than the manufacturer, but this was not the case.

Plus you'll get some fun swag when ordering directly. :yesway:

1zl6ikx.jpg

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I like cowitness the best, because I can zero my iron sites to the red dot (or vice versa) without firing a shot.

You can do that with a lower 1/3 as well. When looking through the center of the optic, the sights are in the lower 1/3. When looking through the sights, the reticle of the optic will cowiness with them.

Good call on going with Larue direct. This time of year of year they usually include a Christmas "dillo", and a hat instead of meat rub.

Indy Wing Chun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    NE Side of Indy
    The Aimpoint arrived last night and the mount is scheduled to arrive today.

You know, between esrice and the web, I must have seen a thousand pics of the micro dot, but they do not do it justice. Jeez that thing is small! Man, I can't wait to mount this thing on my rifle and shoot it!

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    once you set it, remember what spot on the rail you had it and you can take it on and off and not lose zero. i use mine for multigun and general plinking, and also use irons quite a bit. i have a cheap 4x scope that i sometimes use (have to make minor adjustments when putting back on, but it was cheap). the aimpoint/larue, zeroed at 50, take it off, drop kick it, put it back on, no change. you will love it. wish i would have gone with the h-1 instead of the t-1 myself for the smaller dot, but, you live and you learn, still love it.

Top Bottom