• ...and so much more!
  • yaquindn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Floyd co./Southern Indiana
    100_5570.jpg

well it was a ruger 10/22 about $800 + dollars ago, but not much left of the orignal 10/22 new barrel,stock, all internals, quad rail and magpul mbus sights to finish it off.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Hey, yaquindn...

Doing the 10/22 mods is always fun! And yeah, I bet your kids will like it. I couldn't hand that to my 13 yr old. He thinks that the object of shooting 10/22's is to see how fast you can empty the Butler Creek mag.... :D And given what you built there - he'd be having WAY too much fun!

So I set him up with a bolt action Savage 17 hmr. That'll slow him down - for a while.

Looks good , sir.

harmonn@att.net

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    Looks nice! I'm looking to get on the 10/22 train myself. Looking to go the tactical version, with a thumb hole grip and flash suppressor.

Best Regards,

yaquindn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    the barrel is a tactical solutions w/thread you can get one from $215.00 to $250.00 depending on where you look I bought mine for 215.00 and it weights a few oz lighter than the stock barrel plus it is more accurate.

yaquindn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Hey, yaquindn...

Doing the 10/22 mods is always fun! And yeah, I bet your kids will like it. I couldn't hand that to my 13 yr old. He thinks that the object of shooting 10/22's is to see how fast you can empty the Butler Creek mag.... :D And given what you built there - he'd be having WAY too much fun!

So I set him up with a bolt action Savage 17 hmr. That'll slow him down - for a while.

Looks good , sir.
    come on armedprogrammer what's a brick or two of ammo lol my oldest boy said ooooooooooh when are we going to the range?

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Nice conversion you did there.

The worst thing that can happen to a firearm owner is to be bored and have a 10/22 laying nearby. Next thing you know you are spending more on aftermarket parts than you spent on the rifle. Sometimes as you found, many times more than the original rifle.

But usually you wind up with a great one of a kind and something the whole family can enjoy!!!

yaquindn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Thank you Mr Evilwrench! All my friend now want me to build them one. I have many different ideas. one is to cut a m14 magazine and attach it to the ruger magazine to make it look more beefy. I also have another 10/22 that looks stock but performs great. It will almost single hole a 3round group at 50 yards.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    They are all round receiver 91/30's cut down. M-44's are worth twice what a 91/30 is worth. If you are going to cut and recrown the barrels it doesn't make sense to use a M-44. These are just 3 of 9......2 of which I am still working on.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I did an HK for my granddaughter and it has the full width mag. Looks just like my other M-4's. I would put up a pick but I am apparently to stupid to figure it out. I can build up my own guns but post a pic on here....
    Computer dummy....oh yeah.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    I did an HK for my granddaughter and it has the full width mag. Looks just like my other M-4's. I would put up a pick but I am apparently to stupid to figure it out. I can build up my own guns but post a pic on here....
    Computer dummy....oh yeah.

I just put the picture into one of my albums and copy and paste it from there.

Top Bottom