• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Taurahe

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Greenwood
    So I picked up my new to me AR15 this afternoon, and I dont want to put it down. I was looking at the M&P15 sport, but found a smoking deal on this gun and could not pass it up. It is a yankee hill billet lower with a complete Vltor barreled upper, Diamonhead full length forend, Diamondhead flip up sights, Primary arms red dot with PA aero mount, magpul angled forend, collapsible stock and MOE grip.

The gun came with everything except the flip ups and PA red dot. I added a couple of Pmags to the mix, and for now I think I am set. Not sure when I will get to the range but I have high expectations to say the least. If it shoots as good as it looks, I wont be disappointed.

View attachment 32251

Taurahe

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Greenwood
    Nice rifle! How do you like that handguard so far?

I really like it. I have no intention of adding a bunch of stuff to the front so the long clean look really stands out from the more tactical builds. Rails can be added as necessary to accomodate accessories. It makes the barrel look longer than it is though, but I like it :)

speedracer302

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 12, 2014
    Hamilton County
    Awesome. Nice selection. One of my AR's is a M&P15 and it doesnt have a forward assist. I am still happy with it.

You do have to be careful about the multiplication in the safe!

Taurahe

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Greenwood
    Very nice! Mind me asking what you paid for it?

Not at all. It tagged at $950 ( used) but I traded an M&P 9mm full size on it , so my total cash outlay was around $650. Not too shabby for a first rate gun IMO.

Curious about handgaurd weight of this vs carbine length. Looks sweet tho

I cant really comment on the weight in regards to a carbine. I carried a full length M16 in the army but I have been out quite some time so it is hard to remember. I think the full length handguard adds a good bit of weight though as it is heavier than I expected. Not in a bad way, it just looks like it should be lighter than it is. I do know that it is a heavier barrel than a standard M16 barrel. It is the same thickness the entire length so that adds some weight as well. I tried to put it on the bathroom scale but it said 18 lbs... if I had a BAR it would be reasonable..pretty sure tha bathroom scale doesnt work to weigh guns :)

20" barrel ? looks long... Nice looking rifle.

In pictures the barrel looks very long. I think it is due to the handguard running the entire length of the gun. To be sure I laid a tap[e measure to it. From the forward end of the upper it is 17 inches to the muzzle. Not sure how long the flash hider is but I would call it 16

Taurahe

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Greenwood
    Well, you went 1st class on your first time out. Congrats on the new edition.

For the price it was a real no brainer. I traded in a gun on it so actual cash outlay ended being up right in the M&P15 sport range, maybe even a little less. I knew what I really wanted in my gun, and this really sang to me in everyway. It rarely happens, but I really have no changes I want to make as of yet.

alluwant

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Nice rifle that was my first one as well, it shot great! Congrats, these guys are not lying either they will multiply most likely

Top Bottom