• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spacebar

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 15, 2022
    Muncie
    You will ALWAYS want a belt when carrying. the extra weight will drag your britches down and you need the support to help keep the gun in its place.
    Absolutely agree, this is just a what if scenario.

I actually tried attaching the holster to a pair of sweatpants earlier. I had the drawstring all the way tight, and it wasn't ideal, but it did work fine. The holster wasn't as secure while jumping and running of course, but they are sweats.

HazelDell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2022
    Carmel
    I have an old raven holster. The kydex has held up for years. Kydex is kydex and it comes down to the design. Maybe you could take a file and work the edges a bit?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    A GOOD belt.
    Not all belts are the same.
    THIS. Here is my recommendation. A GREAT Hoosier company, and these things are indestructible. Still on my first ones going on 10 years I think.

I ordered a custom length on Sunday, Had it in my hands Wednesday.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    What makes you say this? I saw it recommend after doing quite a bit of research on YouTube.

I’ll admit that I’m a kydex snob because I used to make and sell them and I took a lot of pride in my work but;

The molding is inconsistent all over the place, the sight channel is incredibly uneven. There’s blocking where there doesn’t need to be, so much excess material that could be trimmed. The edges are poorly finished and sharp.

If you’re going to be carrying AIWB, getting a holster specifically designed for that will help immensely, that doesn’t just mean a holster with zero cant.

Just my opinion of course though.

HEADKNOCKER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2017
    Clarksville
    I say the metal belt clip is where you are cutting your fingers on...

These guys aren't kidding about the holsters that stack up as you try for the perfect one & gun
    I have maybe 50+ in a huge duffle bag that need purged for Hk Glock SIG Ruger S&W etc. = Too Many

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    +1 on the SuperBio belt. Excellent value. May be the only belt that has its own thread on INGO.

Small's

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    south of Indy
    I really like the ulticlip. I have run them with a g43 and an lcp and still do. Probably my favorite holsters to date because i will always carry one of those two guns no matter if i have pants on or basketball shorts. However anything heavier than the g43 and i would want some sort of belt clip for reasons already stated in other post "weight and saggy britches" That holster definitely needs some trimming imo. I never run my ulticlips straight up and down. I usually have them about the same angle as a normal belt clip even in appendix position.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    So long as the holster adequately retains the gun and prevents unwanted incursions into the trigger guard, it'll be fine. Like others have said, by the time you're done you'll likely have a big box of holsters sitting on a shelf somewhere full of stuff you've tried and upgraded from, and maybe even sometimes gone back to or employed in different situations or environments with different guns for different purposes. There's no one holster for everything.

One word (well, paragraph) of caution: if you're banging up your fingers going back into the holster, you're going too fast. There's no race back to the holster. Aside from a very few law-enforcement-specific situations that I can think of, if you're putting your gun away, there's no longer a threat and you have time to take your time. Take a good look, make sure there are no instructions or anything that can snag the trigger, and re-holster in a slow and controlled manner. Jamming the gun back in there, especially when carrying appendix, opens you up to potential for far worse injury than a busted cuticle.

Top Bottom