• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zibby43

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 5, 2010
    I posted this thread shortly before Christmas: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...e_12_malfunctions_in_less_than_50_rounds.html.

I had multiple light strikes and FTFs with my brand new M&P 9.

Sent it back to S&W to have them check it out and I anticipated selling it once it was returned.

Well . . . I got it back and I asked myself, why not give it one more try?

S&W replaced the striker assembly and barrel. So it looks like I had a defective striker and a barrel with a meaty burr on the feed ramp.

Finally had the chance to take it to the range today and put 150 rounds down range and had ZERO malfunctions. It ran flawlessly. I had been reading a lot about M&P 9 accuracy issues but mine seemed to shoot just fine. :dunno:

Anyway, just thought I'd provide that update. If you were on the fence about getting an M&P 9, I say go for it. Even if you have an issue, S&W will take care of it.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    OkieGirl has a 9c, she likes it alot and I have no problem making a nice group at 20ft with it. It has ran flawless through more than a 1000 rounds. The only complaint she has is the trigger is a bit heavy. She's looking for an ankle holster for it now...

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    OkieGirl has a 9c, she likes it alot and I have no problem making a nice group at 20ft with it. It has ran flawless through more than a 1000 rounds. The only complaint she has is the trigger is a bit heavy. She's looking for an ankle holster for it now...

I never got into changing the trigger on a carry gun, but after trying out the Apex trigger on estice's, I'm thinking about having it installed on my M&P. She may like the Apex on her 9c.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I never got into changing the trigger on a carry gun, but after trying out the Apex trigger on estice's, I'm thinking about having it installed on my M&P. She may like the Apex on her 9c.

I'm told by many the Apex sear is the path to happiness for Okiegirl and her 9c.

zibby43

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 5, 2010
    Now that I've decided she's a keeper, I'm definitely going to start doing some more research into the various APEX parts.

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    I'm actually beyond satisfied with the trigger pull and feel on my M&P9.

I also can concur that doing an Apex trigger upgrade makes it that much more enjoyable. :rockwoot:

Top Bottom