• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Some of you noticed and commented on my earlier post about that security six I was considering buying. Well, here it is, you guys talked me into it!
    image.jpg

Also, the front sight is chipped. I can still shoot it, but if I want to get it fixed, what should I do?

357 Terms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    Between SB and FT.W
    That looks like a Service Six to me. A Security Six should have an adjustable rear sight

The Security Six was first introduced with the 150-0001 serial #, a fixed sight version was introduced later, and then re-named the police Service Six.

This six may be a 150 prefix Security Six with fixed sights (or maybe a 151, i can't remember when the designation changed)

Kinda rare, and a great 357 regardless of its name!!

Better pics would help.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Like 357 said, not all Security Sixes have adjustables. I've only seen one in person that didn't. Kind of a cool oddity. Should be pre warning label I beleive

There are blued fixed sight Security Sixes, which were made from 72-74. Stainless Security Sixes were introduced in 75. I don't think there was any overlap. I'm quite willing to be proven wrong, as gun companies sometimes do special runs or the like, but I bet its a Service Six.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Err my mistake everyone, I meant police service six. Got a little excited with the post!

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    That is one of those revolvers I have all three barrel lengths of, was able to recently get the two inch from a small estate sale. Without doubt the Security Six is my favorite 357 of all time.

Congrats on a greet new revolver!

Edit: well the Service Six was a nice revolver too but it lacked the adjustable sights. I still have one to complete my "Six" collection though. All you need is a Security and a Speed and you too will have all three.

Last edited:

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Security or Service, the Six line is a great one. I have connected a 75 yard shot on a coyote with my wife's Service six, 2 3/4" barrel, fixed sights and all. Considering its only real role was personal defense, and (typically) range wouldnt be over 10 yards, this revolver really shines no matter what I have asked of it.

jspy5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Southern Marion County
    I had a 4" Stainless Security Six as my first carry pistol. Had it in an upside down Safariland shoulder holster which helped with the weight of everyday carry, but it was still a beast to get used to.This was probably in the late 70"s early 80"s.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Excellent revolver.
    4" Security Six was my wadcutter target loaded rabbit hunting weapon of choice in the '70's.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Thanks guys! I think i'm going to try and take a deer with it. Any ideas on the chipped front sight?

Top Bottom