• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 24, 2010
    That is all... I am excited!

Mostly wanted for OH as most here do I believe. Usually travel to or through a few times a year, half the time on my bike. Will be passing through for a PA ride in July, what made me finally get off my butt and get it done

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    how long did it take and cost?

Utah routinely gets them to you in less than 60 days. Mine was just a bit over 30 days last year. It's around $50 for a 5 year non resident license plus you must take a class (offered by a few of our INGO advertisers) and they are around $100 or so....maybe be cheaper/more expensive now but I'm sure that's still close.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Congrats Bob. My Wife and I both took the class at Cabelas in Hammond. They were offering the AZ class for free with the Utah class. It just about doubled the Permit costs but I picked up a couple more states so it was worth it to us.

Motorhead302

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Fulton County
    Utah routinely gets them to you in less than 60 days. Mine was just a bit over 30 days last year. It's around $50 for a 5 year non resident license plus you must take a class (offered by a few of our INGO advertisers) and they are around $100 or so....maybe be cheaper/more expensive now but I'm sure that's still close.

thanks. i've been thinking about this, even though i don't often leave the state. haven't got around to searching yet, and then you posted. :yesway:

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    That is all... I am excited!

Mostly wanted for OH as most here do I believe. Usually travel to or through a few times a year, half the time on my bike. Will be passing through for a PA ride in July, what made me finally get off my butt and get it done

Congrats! :yesway:

The only truly appropriate biker method to break in a Utah permit is to take a road trip that passes through every state your Utah permit is valid in. :):

Bob2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 24, 2010
    Congrats! They visually put ours to shame don't they?

Yes they do. For those that don't know they are of IN drivers license quality

how long did it take and cost?

$100 for the required class, and around $50 for UT actual fee. Mine took 8 weeks to the day from time I mailed it in

Congrats! :yesway:

The only truly appropriate biker method to break in a Utah permit is to take a road trip that passes through every state your Utah permit is valid in. :):

Exactly what one of my riding buddy said when I told him I finally got it! He already has his, so we are ready to roll LOL

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Congrats! They visually put ours to shame don't they?

Why does this bother so many people? I don't give a crap what it looks like. Indiana has one of the better licensing schemes in the US, but people whine about what the license looks like. It's not more valid if it looks official.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Why does this bother so many people? I don't give a crap what it looks like. Indiana has one of the better licensing schemes in the US, but people whine about what the license looks like. It's not more valid if it looks official.
    Unless it's a badge.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County

Never said it bothers me. Just making a statement as to the quality of license itself. It does make it nice that it's waterproof though. I do a lot of water related activities in summer and even if your pink slip is laminated it can ruin easy. (I know I know make copies, etc and I do, but its still nice not to have to worry about that though.)

Last edited:

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It was on NRANews.com's Cam & Co. yesterday. I think it was a Friday Document Dump™©® by the Pennsylvania AG, Kathleen Kane. Because of previously unconsidered considerations X, Y, and/or Z, her office was rescinding several gun license reciprocity agreements with several states, Utah being but one. I think VA and FL were in the group as well, but don't quote me on that. I'm confident they will have more on it on today's show which starts in less than a half hour.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    It was on NRANews.com's Cam & Co. yesterday. I think it was a Friday Document Dump™©® by the Pennsylvania AG, Kathleen Kane. Because of previously unconsidered considerations X, Y, and/or Z, her office was rescinding several gun license reciprocity agreements with several states, Utah being but one. I think VA and FL were in the group as well, but don't quote me on that. I'm confident they will have more on it on today's show which starts in less than a half hour.
    Speaking of carry licenses...You ever get yours back? .....running away now. :popcorn:

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not yet. Stay tuned.

Does the inapplicability of Indiana's LTCH program to pre-1900 firearms only apply to firearms actually manufactured before Jan. 1, 1900, true replicas there of, or any cap-and-ball firearms, even if of brand new design and/or fabrication?

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I live within a few miles of the Ohio line. I got my Utah permit a couple years ago so I wouldn't accidently cross over the line and get nailed for it.

I took the class with Bruce from Big Daddy's in Hagerstown. Bruce made the class fun.

Top Bottom