• ...and so much more!
  • Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    I have been looking for a new backup and just purchased a new Baby Browning made by Precision Small Arms. This is almost too pretty to take out of the box. I had this one built with optional Abalone grips, I believe it is only one of three in this style to date. Ordered it with the optional machined aluminum case. Waiting on a second magazine which is on back order. They started out manufacturing these from machined investment casting but now are 100% billet.

Took a picture next to a Ruger LCP so you can compare the size. They make quite a few different variations but I chose mine with their stainless steel Nouveau mirror high polish chrome finish. The owner of PSA purchased the rights to make the Baby Browning and these are a labor of love for him, insisting on CNC'ing and hand fitting these guns to exacting standards. I had a long one on one talk with the man out at the Shot Show and was impressed with his passion for bringing this legendary model back into production using the latest technology.

Load it up with some Magsafe 25D +P defender ammo and you can get about 1,750 fps out the barrel, which improves it somewhat as a self defense back up gun. I am retiring my old Beretta 950BS back to the safe after twenty-five years of service.

comparetolcp.jpg

b003.jpg

b008.jpg.w560h384.jpg

comparetohand.jpg.w560h449.jpg

HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    That sure is sharp looking, and it sure is tiny. No, really, I mean that thing is little. I'm pretty sure you could carry that IN your wallet as a backup. Off the wall question, I've shot my dad's Iver Johnson TP-22 (which I previously though was small) and it had a surprising amount of snap/noise for a .22. How bad it that little jewel? Be sure to let us know. And I'm of the belief that all guns are meant to be shot. Not doing so would be an injustice. Enjoy your newest addition.

Top Bottom